The Next Door
FT RN or LPN
The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
Responsible for providing nursing care for clients who are being served through The Next Door’s continuum of care. This position is open to either an RN or an LPN. The shift is Sat,Sun, Mon –8a-8p.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Implement and execute the required medical activities and services for the 12 bed medically managed detox unit.
- Provide clinically excellent care throughout the nursing process to assess, determine outcomes, plan, implement and evaluate care for persons withdrawing from addiction to alcohol, opiates, benzodiazepines and/or other substances.
- Provide direct nursing services for TND clients in each level of care as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Provide medications for TND clients at scheduled medication administration times or as needed for PRN OTC medications.
- Execute all required activities and services for patient admission and patient discharge to/from the detox unit and various levels of care throughout the program.
- Collaborate with medical leadership team to develop and revise policies, procedures, and clinical protocols for care of patients on detox unit.
- Collaborate with Director of Compliance in quality assurance and performance improvement activities.
- Collaborate with TND program leadership and medical leadership team to coordinate an interdisciplinary team approach to client care.
- Adhere to the Standards of Addictions Nursing Practice, including Standards of Care and Standards of Professional Performance.
- Maintain compliance with Tennessee Board of Nursing Laws, Rules and Regulations.
- Review clinical incidents with medical leadership team and revise processes of care to decrease incidents.
- Model skills required to maintain a therapeutic milieu in the clinic and in the detox unit by demonstrating mastery of motivational interviewing and other therapeutic communication techniques.
- Monitor core functions, goals and outcomes of nursing services for quality assurance.
- Provide medical group leadership as needed or as directed by supervisor.
- Maintain clinical documentation to ensure adherence to organization, state and federal requirements.
- Assist with triaging clients who need to be further evaluated by providers.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment in the medical suites and on the detox unit.
- Remain current with required mandatory continuing education and training. Maintain continuing education necessary to maintain RN licensure and certifications, and to maintain compliance with facility licensure and accreditation requirements.
- Opportunity to pick up additional shifts outside of regularly scheduled shifts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the medical leadership team
Education and Experience:
- Valid unrestricted Tennessee Registered Nursing license required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience as a Registered Nurse or an LPN preferred
- Experience working with psychiatric disorders and alcohol and substance use disorders
- Experience working with clients being medically detoxed preferred
- Demonstrated ability to triage medical and psychiatric concerns and determine most appropriate dispositions to ensure quality client care required
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
401K, OT, shift differential, healthcare, life insurance, pto
How to Apply
Go to our website, www.thenextdoor.org to apply.
- Date Posted: June 7, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 06/10/2021
- Working Hours: Sat, Sun, Mon 8a-8p