Nashville Entrepreneur Center
Front Desk Associate
Nashville Entrepreneur Center
As a Front Desk Associate at the EC, you are our members’, visitors’, and callers’ first impression. You will be in charge of essential Front Desk tasks such as welcoming people to the EC, directing people to the right rooms and resources, validating parking, receiving mail, and answering the phone.
Our community consists of everyone from scrappy entrepreneurs and high-school students to experienced investors and government officials. In your role, you will need to be able to make everyone feel equally welcomed and important. A great Front Desk Associate is someone who is naturally warm, welcoming, good at small talk with a diverse audience, and genuinely interested in helping people.
The EC is an exciting, fast-paced, community organization. To thrive in this role, you will at times need to be a master juggler managing the flow of traffic through the building while also maintaining a presentable, well-organized, and efficient front desk workspace.
You will work a set schedule that’s free of holidays and weekends. We are hiring a Front Desk Associate for our morning shift and another Front Desk Associate for our afternoon shift. The morning shift runs Monday—Friday from 7:45 am to 11:45 am. The afternoon shift runs from 1:15 pm to 5:15 pm Monday—Thursday and 12:15pm—4:15 pm on Friday. Please let us know which shift you are applying for or, if applying for either, let us know which shift is your preference. Depending on whether you choose the morning or afternoon shift, you will be responsible for ensuring the facility is properly opened or closed for business.
We take pride in providing a safe and healthy atmosphere that’s about leveling the playing field for anyone to turn their ideas into reality. We are a community filled with individuals passionate about making Nashville being the best place in America to start and grow businesses.
- Serve as the face of the company, offering friendly service to those entering the building or calling in on the phone
- Greet people entering the building, answering any questions, providing directions and alerting staff when someone is there to meet or visit them
- Answer a multiple line phone system, manage calls by routing them to the proper extensions or taking messages and delivering them within our message system along with setting up conference calls as requested
- Accept deliveries and mail, organize them to be distributed to the correct recipients using the office mailing system and ensure they get to the recipient in a timely manner while also managing outgoing mail and packages for pickup
- Maintain the reception area, keeping it clean and free of clutter
- Assist new visitors with any reference material they may need, such as brochures, flyers or technical needs
- Handle filing and data entry as requested
- Passion for the EC’s mission
- High school diploma or GED
- Computer proficiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Non-profit experience a plus, but not required
- At least two years of training or experience in customer service and office work preferred but not required
How to Apply
- Date Posted: April 30, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 05/24/2021
- Salary Range: $13-$17/hour
- Working Hours: See Description for Details