Foster Care Recruiter & Family Support Coordinator
Monroe Harding is committed to viewing and interacting with youth from a Trauma Informed perspective. Staff understand normal and trauma impacted brain development and interact with youth in ways that encourage and restore normal brain functioning. Staff are curious about “what happened to the youth to cause current behavior” and work with them uniquely based upon their developmental level. Focus is on providing a safe and stable environment that encourages learning from mistakes and celebrating small advances in behavior or thought process. Staff models healthy emotional regulation skills, flexibility in working with others, and effective restoration of relationships after issues arise. Monroe Harding seeks individuals who enjoy adolescents and celebrates their uniqueness, are able to develop strong relationships and influence, and who are invested in their own personal growth and development as they seek to model effective behaviors for youth.
The Foster Care Family Support Coordinator is responsible for the recruitment of foster parents as well as training and approval of resource (foster, adoptive, kinship) parents including performing and managing all responsibilities associated with resource home initial and annual approval processes and assists in child referral and placement services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, in collaboration with the Director of Foster Care, a recruitment and marketing plan to connect with potential foster parents and promote the agency foster care program to enhance recruitment of resource parents.
- Participate in a widespread campaign to recruit foster families, including generalized and targeted recruitment.
- Implement the recruitment plan through multiple marketing activities which will include networking, community meetings, talking with current agency foster parents, written material, media outreach, social media, website, and collaborative relationships and marketing with associations and community service partners.
- Conduct home study assessment of prospective resource families, including interviews, home visits, obtaining and compiling supporting documentation, and writing the home study narrative.
- Develop, schedule, coordinate, lead, and evaluate pre-service training program for prospective resource parents.
- Conduct re-approval of current resource parents including submission of required documentation to Resource Home Evaluation Team (RHET).
- Perform all required background checks including registration for fingerprinting on prospective and current resource parents, mentors, and child care providers.
- Participate in managing referrals and placing new foster care children and youth; assessing appropriateness of referred children or youth for placement, identifying family resources for referred youth, responding quickly to the referring party, and facilitating placement as appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field and a minimum of five years’ experience working in child welfare.
Knowledge of human relations, family dynamics and interviewing skills and the ability to communicate with people from all walks of life.
Ability to assess and recognize strengths and needs of families and children.
Ability to decipher detailed policy requirements and communicate them to others.
Ability to competently and comfortably train individuals and groups.
Applicants must pass thorough background check and drug screen.
Additionally, The Diana Screen® is administered to all potential applicants to help ensure that ethical boundaries between children and adults are maintained. At Monroe Harding, the safety and protection of the youth who have been entrusted to us is our #1 priority.
Long Term Disability
Option to enroll in Short-term Disability, Accident, and Critical Illness Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off Package
Professional Development Opportunities
Awesome, Supportive, Team-Oriented Workplace!
How to Apply
Think you are interested in joining our team? Please submit a resume and cover letter to Evelyn Tidman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please list the position for which you are applying in the cover letter.
- Date Posted: September 28, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services