The Next Door
Food Service Manager
The Next Door
Job Title: Food Service Manager
Reports to: Operations Manager
Classification: Full time, non-exempt
Education: Associates degree preferred
Travel %: none
Job Shift: Day
Job Category: Healthcare
To provide a continuum of evidence-based substance and mental health services for women in an environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
Ensure that all food related operations and storage are safe and clean according to TN Health Department guidelines. Oversee kitchen operations, purchasing, inventory and daily meal plans.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Create weekly menus based on approved dietician menu.
- Create weekly inventory list.
- Order and purchase food from approved vendors with TND account, within budget guidelines.
- Coordinate food delivery and unloading times.
- Create daily task lists for staff that include cleaning and cooking duties.
- Supervise all food service staff which includes: approving semi-monthly payroll, leading annual performance evaluations and individual staff meetings.
- Coordinate all staff schedules to ensure appropriate coverage for all meals.
- Responsible for creating an inviting dining experience for clients by
- providing various options at meal time
- meeting all client dietary needs
- offering appropriate presentation of food and food serving line
- providing positive and regular interaction with clients to gage client satisfaction
- Coordinate monthly staff meetings and individual staff meetings as needed to communicate clear roles, expectations, and gain staff feedback.
- Inventory all food supplies each month.
- Maintain stock and inventory necessary kitchen/cooking supplies regularly, purchasing as needed.
- Coordinate the preparation of three meals a day for 7 days a week.
- Breakfast and Lunch capacity 40-60. Dinner capacity 82.
- Ensure that kitchen and dining room is clean and sanitized at all times.
- Enforce kitchen safety and cleanliness guidelines as required by TN Department of Health.
- Work closely with Volunteers to show appreciation and to enhance their experience with TND and clients.
- Communicate with supervisor and staff on a regular basis to discuss concerns or procedures.
- Work with food vendor on customer service and supplies issues.
- Coach staff on etiquette and conduct while serving our client population.
- Exemplify and instill the values of our mission within your department.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- At least two years’ food service or comparable experience required.
- At least one year food service management experience preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License required.
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
- Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based services for women and their families impacted by addiction, mental illness, trauma and/or incarceration.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage and live the core values of The Next Door, Inc., at all times:
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
- BCBST Insurance-4 options offered, 1 of which are HSA-eligible and include an HRA
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Teledoc paid at 100% by TND
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) paid 100% by TND
- Long-term disability paid 100% by TND
- Ability to participate in TND’s 401k retirement plan, after a 6-month waiting period (with free financial advisor assistance as desired). TND provides a partial match to employee contributions.
- $25,000 Life and Accidental Death or Dismemberment policy paid 100% by TND
- Paid Time Off (PTO) earned per pay period; accrual up to 120 hours earned in the first year
- Six paid holidays plus one floating holiday
How to Apply
To apply visit thenextdoor.org/careers or follow the link below.
- Date Posted: September 27, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Other
- Start Date: 10/15/2022