Float Therapist / Care Manager
The Next Door
The Next Door provides a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
To provide direct evidence-based clinical services for women who have a substance use disorder and/or mental health diagnosis. To provide care management services and/or group facilitation for TND, Inc. treatment programs delivered within a recovery-oriented system of care targeting the mental health and substance-related recovery needs of women and their families.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties include the following:
- Collaborate with the Supervisors of Treatment Services daily to provide recovery-based needs for clinical team.
- Facilitate recovery-based groups in the continuum as assigned.
- Provide care management services for clients, coordinating all necessary recovery and mental health care, along with associated supportive services for clients in community, as assigned.
- Participate in continuing education activities, remaining knowledgeable in areas related to the focus of the residential program.
- Connect clients with community resources and sober living environments, as needed.
- Attend and contribute to treatment team to assess client progress and concerns.
- Ensure timely and professional documentation to support each client interaction and coordination of services per the documentation guidelines of The Next Door, Inc.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures of The Next Door, Inc. are always followed by clients and volunteers as able.
- Attend meetings and trainings as assigned by supervisor.
- Assist in managing clients’ crises as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s in Social Work and/or Therapy or LADAC required
- 2-year minimum experience working with target population preferred
- Knowledge of substance abuse/addiction issues or related work experience preferred
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Possess proficient computer skills: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
All Employees will adhere to the following professional standards:
Honor the agency mission: The mission of The Next Door is to live out our faith by providing a continuum of evidence-based substance abuse and mental health services for women in environment of faith and healing to restore hope and a lifetime of recovery.
- Consistently treat residents and co-workers with the utmost respect.
- Keep ALL information regarding staff, residents, diagnosis, group information, etc. confidential at all times.
- Work as a necessary part of the team effort.
- Model ethical and professional behavior at all times.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and trainings as required by the leadership of The Next Door.
- Be creative and assist leadership with ideas for improving the overall quality of the services and environment for the residents of The Next Door.
- Encourage core values of The Next Door, Inc. at all times.
- Love ~ We demonstrate what love looks like, so our women learn to love others in healthy ways and love themselves.
- Faith ~ We welcome all people, and all will be cared for with Christ-centered principles.
- Hope ~ We believe hope is within reach for all women.
- Wholeness ~ God has a plan and purpose for a woman’s life and that is abundantly good. She does not have to be defined by her past decisions. God loves. God forgives. Every woman can be whole and complete.
- Community ~ We are building a healthy community in which our women are contributing members of society. We need one another. We care for one another. We will teach our women how to build their own healthy community.
- Respect ~ We believe each woman deserves respect from us and from each other. We believe each woman can learn to respect herself and others.
- Encouragement ~ We believe that our words and actions should build one another up. We inspire one another with love and good deeds.
Employer paid health insurance, Teledoc, Employee Assistance Program, 401K, PTO.
How to Apply
Visit, www.thenextdoor.org to apply.
- Date Posted: October 6, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)