The Flexible Continuum of Care (CoC) Support Services Team (Flex Team) is a group of professionals that will provide direct essential and supportive services to people experiencing homelessness and support existing homeless service providers in Nashville. The Flex Team’s approach will be trauma-informed and adhere to a Housing First philosophy. The Flex Team members will work as part of The Contributor’s interdisciplinary team and will be supervised by Cathy Jennings. However, the Flex Team will take direction from Judith Tackett, Director, Metro Homeless Impact Division.
The Flex Team members will be responsible for the following activities:
- Provide supportive services (ex. case management, food and personal item delivery, connection to outside supportive services such as mental health or substance abuse treatment) to people experiencing homelessness who are COVID+ and isolating or are people under investigation (PUIs) that are quarantined in hotels and motels, at the Nashville Rescue Mission and other shelter sites, including any sites set up by the Office of Emergency Management (OEM).
- Work with community partners to coordinate long-term services for individuals if they move from isolation shelter to permanent housing.
- Support existing street outreach teams providing supportive services and engaging people experiencing homelessness that are also living unsheltered.
- Assist with bridging staff shortages in shelter support at emergency and disaster shelters, so that sufficient qualified teams are available during the COVID pandemic.
- Supplement existing supportive service providers during staff shortages or for other staffing needs.
- Post-pandemic, provide supportive services to people experiencing homelessness during winter shelter, natural disasters, and other emergency situations.
- Participate in community outreach meetings and other meetings as requested by MHID.
- Keep records and notes on interactions with individuals in isolation and/or quarantine.
- Enter client data into Nashville’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) and Coordinated Entry system.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge and experience in the fields of mental health and substance use treatment preferred.
- Experience with individuals experiencing homelessness preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse populations.
- Willing to be a proactive member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Able to perform duties with flexibility, openness, and empathy.
- Understanding of and agreement with Housing First philosophy.
- Able to communicate effectively and handle difficult situations with professionalism, compassion, and from a Trauma-Informed Care perspective.
- Willing to accept feedback and guidance from supervision.
- Able to take direction from the Director of the Metro Homeless Impact Division
- Be a self-starter.
- Able to work independently and make sound, Trauma-Informed decisions.
- Must be able to drive, possess a valid driver’s license, and be insurable on the agency auto policy.
Fringe: mileage, insurance
How to Apply
Email Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: September 15, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 10/01/2021
- Salary Range: $40,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk Times Vary