Doors of Hope
Doors of Hope
Doors of Hope is seeking an experienced and accomplished individual to join the leadership team as its Financial Officer. The ideal candidate should have proven leadership experience overseeing financial operations, preferably with grants and non-profit sectors. The Financial Officer will have overall managerial responsibility for Doors of Hope’s finance, accounting, and budgets. This candidate will also support operations/programs and will serve on the Executive Leadership team. In addition, the Financial Office will carry out all duties and responsibilities which are listed in the full position description below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily accounts payable and receivable
- Accurate posting and timely processing of daily transactions
- Clearing QuickBooks Online bank feeds
- Monitoring bank accounts balance
- Manage spending from multiple revenue sources and bank accounts
- Monthly bank account reconciliation
- Process and/or review payroll for 30+ employees
- Process payroll tax deposits after payroll
- Review and file quarterly payroll tax returns
- Interface with board members, community partners and vendors
- Provide supervision to bookkeeping assistant
- Prepare and present monthly/quarterly financial reports to board
- Prepare and present annual budget
- Prepare year end – w2 and 1099 forms
- Prepare annual donor acknowledgement letters
- Special projects when needed – example – data collection
- Review vendor contracts
GRANT FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Prepare documents for grant invoice reimbursements (monthly)
- Review and implement grant compliance requirements
- Process quarterly/semi-annual/annual grant reports
- Create budget section for proposed grants
- Review grant narratives for errors
- Audit monitoring – prepare and collect documents for grant auditing
- Title VI and Section 504 compliance – ensure policies and procedures are in place for Title VI compliance
- Financial audit – collect, review documents for audit, make necessary adjustments in QuickBooks
- Provide guidance to leadership staff
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university; with master’s degree preferred.
- At least five years of senior management experience with an organization with operations in excess of $2 million annually and over 25+ employees.
- Certified Public Accountant designation is a plus.
- Analyze and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Work well with, and be responsive to the needs of, internal and external partners, including the Board of Directors, funding sources, and other provider organizations.
- Must be highly ethical with a high level of integrity; self-motivated; dependable and reliable; detailed oriented; able to interface easily with staff, other senior management personnel, and funding sources.
- Assimilate new information and technology.
- Foster and cultivate business opportunities and partnerships.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to feel objects with tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
M-F Hybrid Schedule
Health Reimbursement Plan
15 paid holiday days a year
PTO 160 hours per year after 90 days
Empowering work environment
Opportunity for growth
Community development and opportunity to change lives
How to Apply
Send Resume and Cover letter to
- Date Posted: December 29, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 01/24/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk