TennGreen Land Conservancy
TennGreen Land Conservancy
The Finance Manager is a multi-faceted position with responsibilities that include accounting and financial reporting and coordination of personnel benefits and human resource policies. The Finance Manager oversees all aspects of TennGreen’s finances, translating financial data into actionable information, providing staff support and guidance in the areas of finance and budget, providing financial information required for achieving strategic objectives, and reporting of existing funds.
Founded in 1998, TennGreen Land Conservancy (formerly Tennessee Parks & Greenways Foundation), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, is the oldest accredited, statewide land conservancy in Tennessee. TennGreen serves all Tennesseans, and through collaboration with members, private landowners, local municipalities, and state and federal agencies, the organization works to create parks, establish wildlife corridors, expand existing protected public lands, and enhance public recreation opportunities. We envision large, connected natural areas that support diversity of life, inspire the appreciation of nature, and spark action to protect the water we drink, the air we breathe, and the land that sustains us all. TennGreen is the proud recipient of the Nashville Business Journal’s 2021 Best Places to Work!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage all financial activities in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) for non-profit organizations.
- Lead the annual budgeting process and provide oversight for annual, quarterly and monthly financial reporting and forecasting.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date financial records in QuickBooks for numerous individual budgets, including annual operating, equipment/capital, and restricted project budgets.
- Pay invoices, deposit revenue, process bi-weekly payroll, maintain records of staff accrued leave.
- Reconcile monthly bank and credit card statements.
- Coordinate monthly reconciliation of QuickBooks and Raiser’s Edge records.
- Manage preparation and submission of annual Audit and Form 990 in coordination with auditors and Executive Director.
- Document process flows and proactively recommend and implement process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of administrative workflows.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Finance & Investment Committee.
- Prepare financial reports for the Finance & Investment Committee, Board of Directors, and staff budget managers.
- File required federal and state financial forms/reports.
- Coordinate personnel benefits with service providers (health insurance, retirement plan).
- Oversee and administer adopted human resources policies.
- Manage the recruiting, on-boarding, and exit process for all staff positions.
- Securely maintain confidential files.
- Maintain knowledge of TennGreen’s policies, procedures, and software.
- Serve as a member of the TennGreen’s Leadership Team.
- Participate in TennGreen board and staff meetings, and pertinent conferences and meetings.
- Provide staff support at TennGreen’s events as requested, such as land dedications, occasional hikes, and other outings.
Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Statement:
“We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We strive to nurture a culture where inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative; where there is a deep sense of belonging and respect across every region, organization, and individual that is touched by our work. We pledge ourselves to the work of understanding and honoring diverse races, genders, traditions, heritages, and experiences and endeavor to actively uplift our values of justice and equity in everything we do.”
- BS in Accounting or Finance, Master’s degree preferred
- At least two (2) years of accounting experience
- Experience in nonprofit accounting desired, but not essential
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must work well independently—as well as collaboratively—to accomplish objectives and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks, utilize good judgment and decision-making skills
- Work effectively under frequent deadlines
- Handle multiple projects and tasks with minimal supervision
ESSENTIAL PERSONALITY TRAITS
- Proactive work style, ability to work autonomously, organize multiple tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with staff, Board and Committee members, members, partners, vendors, and others.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Fun, flexible, and able to go with the flow.
- Passion for TennGreen’s mission to conserve land where people and nature can thrive.
The Finance Manager is a full-time salaried position, with occasional evening and weekend work. Starting salary is $50,000 – $55,000 based on experience, with opportunities for annual performance-based salary increases. Benefits package includes optional health/dental/vision insurance and a retirement savings plan (with matching contributions after two years).
How to Apply
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume by July 1, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Anticipated start date of employment is flexible around September 1, 2022.
- Date Posted: June 7, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Environment
- Start Date: 09/01/2022
- Salary Range: $50,000-$55,000
- Working Hours: 8:30 am - 4:30 pm