Greater Nashville Regional Council
Greater Nashville Regional Council
The Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) is seeking an experienced professional to serve as its Finance Director. The Finance Director manages the agency’s financial, accounting, and budgetary functions and is a key member of the organization’s senior leadership team. GNRC is a public sector agency with a typical annual budget of approximately $15 million. The vast majority of revenue is sourced from state and federal grants allocated by formula or awarded competitively to fund the agency’s work across a variety of programs and services aimed at improving the region’s economy and quality of life. Approximately 60 percent of the budget is used to fund the agency’s day to day operations including its 80 member staff. The remainder is subgranted to local community partners such as municipal and county governments, non-profit organizations, senior centers, and aging and disability service providers. The Finance team is staffed by four professionals including the Finance Director.
As Finance Director, the selected candidate will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supervise, train, and mentor members of the Finance team;
- Manage the fiscal functions of the organization including procurement, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, grant fund management, general ledger maintenance, fixed assets maintenance, and internal and external financial reporting;
- Oversee the financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation;
- Participate in the development and ongoing evaluation of agency accounting policies, standard operating procedures, and internal controls;
- Manage incoming requests for information in association with the annual independent audit of financial statements and other audits or compliance monitoring reviews performed by grantors;
- Communicate complex financial information to program staff, executive leadership, and board members;
- Assist the Executive Director with the preparation of the agency’s annual budget;
- Represent the Finance team in GNRC leadership meetings, advocating for staff and program needs;
- Work with GNRC management across the organization to ensure programs and initiatives stay coordinated;
- Lead other special projects as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications: A master’s degree in finance, accounting, business management or a related field from an accredited college or university and six (6) years of progressively responsible experience in finance and administration is required. A bachelor’s degree with eight (8) years of experience may be substituted for the master’s degree. The ideal candidate will be a Certified Public Accountant, experienced in state and federal grant fund management, and familiar with Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB) standards. Foreign degrees and credentials will be considered.
Required Technology Skills: The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office products and modern cloud-based ERP/accounting and HRIS platforms. GNRC in the process of migrating from Abila MIP Fund Accounting software to Sage Intacct (ERP) and Paylocity (HRIS).
Travel Expectations: This position may require travel throughout GNRC’s thirteen county region. A valid driver’s license and access to personal transportation is required.
Full Benefits Package
How to Apply
TO APPLY: Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter describing their interest in the role, experiences with fund accounting and ERP software, and any unique qualities that would benefit the organization and its mission. You can find more information and apply at: www.gnrc.org/jobs
Position open until filled.
GNRC is an EOE, AA Employer
- Date Posted: February 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Community Development