HEAL Ministries, Inc.
Finance and Office Assistant
HEAL Ministries, Inc.
The Finance and Office Assistant (F/OA) is a full-time position. This position will serve in the Stateside office as the primary keeper of records. This position will ensure that HEAL Ministries stateside office runs efficiently and with excellence.
The F/OA will first and foremost represent Christ in all their duties and interactions. The main focus of this position is to maintain accurate financial and constituent records. Working closely with the Executive Director, the F/OA will work to preserve administrative structure and processes to support sustainable fundraising efforts.
- Record all receipts and expenditures into accounting software (QuickBooks) according to FASB/GAAP standards with a modified accrual method and maintain supporting records files.
- Reconcile all accounts, including banking accounts and internal-preferenced and restricted fund accounts through General Ledger maintenance.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of financial statements, including monthly Statement of Financial Activities and Statement of Financial Position, weekly preferenced giving reports, and other specialized reporting as requested.
- Monitor cash flow and prepare projections at the Executive Director’s request, either weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly dependent on the season.
- Prepare Board Quarterly Financial Dashboard for Stateside and The James Place.
- Submit tax and compliance requirements on time, such as but not limited to sales and use tax, state charitable permit renewal, ECFA renewal, and IRS Form 990.
- As needed, serve as the primary contact for the independent CPA and Auditor(s).
- Work with Executive Director to draft annual budget to present to the U.S. Finance Committee.
- Prepare and distribute annual giving summaries no later than January 31 annually.
- Update volunteer intern and team members of fundraising status weekly.
- Maintain performance data and records for all fundraising efforts to analyze best opportunities for continued development work.
- Other finance duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Serve as primary “expert” on CRM database for the ministry.
- Enter weekly contributions into database and distribute donor acknowledgments for non-CRM giving.
- Run a variety of reports as needed, including weekly summary of contributions for donor care mailings/thank you notes.
- Reconcile database to accounting software monthly.
- Create new forms for donations and/or information gathering as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date and clean records for all constituents, including giving, volunteerism, membership status, goals, and touchpoints.
- Other database duties as needed, including proactive adjustments for team efficiencies.
- Maintain a presence in HEAL’s Stateside office during working hours.
- Assist with mailouts for donor care and fundraising efforts.
- Maintain the health of shared cloud drives for Stateside and Ugandan offices.
- Orders supplies as needed.
- Complete reference checks for interns and teams.
- Follow-up with all inquiries about serving with HEAL Ministries.
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Represent and enhance HEAL’s public image by clearly articulating the ministry’s mission, work, and accomplishments.
- Prep and assist with fundraising events when needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Previous non-profit work experience is a plus, particularly in bookkeeping
- Strong working knowledge of essential software needed to complete duties (Word, Excel, QuickBooks, Google Suite) on macOS. Quickbooks experiences is required.
- Working knowledge of Little Green Light preferred, but not required
- An understanding of HEAL’s mission, vision, and programs
- Detail-orientated with excellent analytical skills to run day-to-day administration
- Robust decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to thrive independently – can meet deadlines with little to no supervision
- Ability to multi-task and adapt
- Systematic thinking – an ability to design and implement systems and processes
- Trustworthy – manage sensitive and proprietary information with discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to recognize deficiencies and needs
- Operates in a professional office environment with standard office equipment.
- This individual will often be the only one in the office while the ED is in Uganda or doing outside development work.
- Self-motivation is essential.
Paid holidays, vacation, PTO
Work remotely on Friday (With 90-day Trial)
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. In your letter, please indicate why you feel this opportunity is a good one for you and how your experiences may uniquely qualify you for the position. No phone calls or drop-ins.
- Date Posted: March 1, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Religious
- Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
- Working Hours: M-F; 40 hrs/wk