YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
Family Support Specialist
YWCA Nashville & Middle TN
Position engages children/teens in trauma informed and age/developmentally appropriate activities. Assists with program enrollment, data collection, safety planning, resource linkage and co-facilitation of the YWCA Family Services Program groups.
- Effectively interacts with child residents, organizing their activities and motivating them to participate, including mothers as appropriate.
- Manage groups of children ranging in age from infant to teens in Family Services-related activities.
- Communicate with staff and volunteers to ensure delivery of quality child enrichment activities and recreational activities.
- Provide respite care for parents in shelter as feasible.
- Provides backup support as needed, as liaison for families with schools, day care centers and other agencies.
- Assists with data collection and complete documentation in a timely fashion.
- Co-facilitates support groups and Strengthening Families groups.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records for each client, documenting resident behaviors, incidents, interactions, and progress in consistent and ethical manner.
- Provide transportation for residents as appropriate.
- Provide support and assistance to volunteers as needed during shift.
- Develop an understanding of agency and program policies and procedures, implementing appropriately and interpreting to residents and volunteers.
- Monitor resident activity throughout shelter and manage conflict through appropriate intervention.
- Protect confidentiality of clients and client records at all times.
- Attend program staff meetings, in-service training sessions, YW All Staff, and other meetings as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent and a minimum of six months child-care related experience required. Bachelor’s degree in social work or related mental health field preferred. Knowledge of Children’s Enrichment Activities, Trauma Informed Care practices, Verbal De-Escalation techniques, Positive Discipline models, Adverse Childhood Experiences and Empowerment based service delivery preferred.
- Must be fit for travel by automobile and willing to travel independently to reach engagements.
- Ability to carry boxes/materials with various weights up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to move throughout the building as well as sit or remain stationary for extended periods of time.
- Must have the ability to talk, hear, sit, stand, walk, reach, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Manual dexterity required for typing and the use of standard office equipment.
- Ability to speak concisely.
- Tolerant to various noise levels: noise level in the work environment varies – may be very quiet to moderate.
- Position requires incumbent to have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance and a clear driving record for the last three years.
- Ability to work long and flexible hours, including weekends and evenings.
- Willingness to support the mission of the YWCA and ability to convey its importance both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to successfully function under pressure in critical situations
- Ability to interact with diverse backgrounds and social economic levels.
- Effectively manage conflict and crises.
- Strong problem solving and analytical thinking.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Sensitivity to the needs of DV survivors and their children.
- Excellent organizational and time management.
- Successful collaborative skills working with a variety of groups.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Competency with MS Office and database management.
- Understanding and sensitivity of the intersectionality of race and domestic violence.
The YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee reserves the rights to modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the organization desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This job description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment relationship remains “At-Will.” The aforementioned job requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.
Medical/Dental/Vision/HSA/Life/Long Term Disability
Employee Assistance Program
How to Apply
Please apply here.
- Date Posted: July 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk