Mercy Community Healthcare
Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner
Mercy Community Healthcare
Mercy Community Health is excited to announce that we are hiring a Family Medicine Nurse Practitioner at our Franklin location. This position will be responsible for maintaining the high quality of medical care provided to all patients of Mercy.
Mercy’s Mission: Mercy exists to show the love and compassion of Jesus Christ by providing excellent healthcare to all. We believe that overall health is the result of caring for the body, mind, and spirit. Mercy provides comprehensive Primary Care in our Adult and Pediatric Clinics. Mercy addresses Mental Health in our Department of Psychiatry and Counseling Center.
Our Provider staff is a key component to our patient experience at Mercy. Are you up for this great opportunity? Apply Today!
What Is This Job All About?
- Responsible for assessment, diagnosis, treatment, management, education, health promotion and care coordination for patients and families with acute and chronic health needs commonly encountered in general primary care practice for pediatrics and adults.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill patients, which may include psychosocial, cognitive and/or personal.
- Must be adept in Pediatric and Adult well checks.
- Ordering and interpreting diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs within the scope of a Family Nurse Practitioner.
- Prescribing appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitating staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools, monitoring patients/family response to education and acts as a resource in implementing education programs to improve management of patients/families.
- Attend required meetings, completes CME and participates in committees as requested.
- This position does require coverage of Saturday clinic on a rotating basis.
- Usual clinic operating hours are Mon-Fri 8am-5pm and Saturdays 8am-2pm.
What We Need from You:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program.
- Must have a Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure and Current Nurse Practitioner certification in Family Medicine.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
- 2 years’ experience as a Family Nurse Practitioner preferred.
- This is a full-time position requiring 4 days a week.
- Previous work experience in a public health or community clinic setting preferred.
- Looking for a “Can Do” attitude with a teamwork mindset.
- Experience with Athena EMR helpful.
- Outstanding communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Must be organized and complete charts in a timely manner.
- Spanish speaking is a plus but not required.
What Is in It for You?
- Work for a place with mission and purpose.
- Work with great people around you.
- Great benefits like Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, and 401(k)
- Qualify for Federal Loan Repayment Program
- Compensation is a base plus productivity model and can be over $85,000 per year.
- Make a difference in your community.
How to Apply
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
- Date Posted: June 30, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40