Faith Relations Manager
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville
Working in collaboration with and support of the Senior Vice President of Philanthropy, the Faith Relations Manager is responsible for fund development for build sponsorships from faith partners to meet the overall budgetary goal related to house sponsorships. This includes the recruitment, orientation, and retention of all faith relationships for sponsorships, collaborative opportunities and volunteers. The Faith Relations Manager will assume the lead in the Sponsors’ involvement prior to, during and after the build, to maximize the Sponsor/Volunteer Habitat experience. This individual develops and extends relationships with sponsorship partners from faith groups.
Faith House Sponsorships
- Engage faith entities and secures house sponsorships for Habitat builds at all levels in support of the approved build schedule and agency budget and raise funds from faith entities for annual house sponsorships
- Proactively recruit new faith-related sponsors while maintaining current faith-related sponsors.
- Enhance relationships with existing faith organizations through scheduled calls and outreach
- Document all faith partner and perspective partner journeys in SalesForce
- Manage relationships to ensure that Faith builds are successful, a positive experience is had by all investors and volunteers, and sponsorships are repeated and expanded
- Work with community faith groups to identify additional partnering opportunities and sponsorship leads.
- Participate at the build site to welcome and integrate sponsors and volunteers when required
- Work with Volunteer Relations Manager to ensure that faith sponsored build days are properly staffed with volunteers and that the “Habitat Experience” is delivered to all.
- Represent HFHGN to interested parties and make presentations to congregations to raise public awareness about this ministry.
- Attend events and conferences as required and appropriate.
- Serve on appropriate community service organizations, events, and committees.
- Responsible for meeting annual Faith Development fundraising goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Develop, retain and expand Faith build sponsorships through effective outreach and development practices
- Conduct outreach activities to recruit non-sponsor volunteers, both individuals and groups
- Interact with Faith sponsor volunteers on and off the build site to ensure delivery of the Habitat experience
- Express a genuine interest in the welfare of Habitat families, volunteers and sponsors, consistent values with Habitat’s mission and values, and a strong commitment to the fundraising goals of the agency.
- Proficiently utilize Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Salesforce.com
- The ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously in a timely manner is required.
- Implement and deliver all aspects of the “Habitat Experience” for sponsors and donors, before, during and after the build.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication, organizational and creative thinking skills.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds with assistance
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and/or 5 to 7 years’ experience in related field.
- Experience in fundraising, donor relations, and donor retention are strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Nashville faith and not-for-profit community is preferred and beneficial.
- This job requires someone who has excellent time-management skills, both written and verbal communication expertise public speaking
- Public speaking skills
- Strong work and business ethics are required.
- Must enjoy serving others, be a team player, able to handle multiple tasks efficiently, be self-motivated, detail oriented and able to work well with a diverse group of individuals.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and operate in a busy work environment that includes both office and build site responsibilities.
medical, dental, vision
life insurance policy
Simple IRA Match
Paid time off
How to Apply
All interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter, resume and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: February 11, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Housing
- Working Hours: 40 + hours/wk, ability and willingness to work when necessary on both Saturday and Sunday