Position Summary: The Executive Director is responsible to the Board of Directors to manage and oversee day to day operations of Home Safe, Inc. to ensure compliance with the Department of Finance and Administration Family Violence Shelter Standards and all applicable state and federal laws related to non-profit operations and financial sustainability.
- Ensures organizational compliance in each county with eligibility, program requirements, minimum standards and requirements, program administration, service delivery process and agency requirements of the Shelter Standards for the state of Tennessee.
- Ensures compliance with federal and state regulations and guidelines for financial and non-profit record retention and fiscal policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with staff training requirements to include orientation, civil rights compliance, HIPAA compliance and 32 hours of annual training on domestic violence.
- Ensures compliance with the Office of Criminal Justice Programs Administrative Manual
Board of Directors
- Works with the Board of Directors to ensure the organization is meeting its goals and objectives from HomeSafe, Inc.’s strategic plan.
- Ensures Board of Directors are updated at least quarterly or more if requested by the Board on financial and expense projections, any major changes to staffing impacting funders or budgets.
- Works with the Board of Directors on development of the strategic plan for implementation by the Executive Director, staff and the Board of Directors.
- Informs the Board Chair of any issues such as risks, financial liabilities, future sustainability, etc. impacting the future of HomeSafe, Inc.
- Maintains human resource files and ensures compliance with non-discrimination in hiring and promotion practices.
- Responsible for staff supervision of direct reports as well as provision of supervision skills to county directors in the management of their staff.
- Acts as the grievance officer, compliance officer and HIPAA officer for the organization to ensure compliance with HomeSafe, Inc. policies and procedures and state and federal laws.
- Performs monthly site visits to HomeSafe, Inc. offices to ensure compliance with shelter standards and offices.
- Establishes regular staff meetings and minutes to occur at a minimum once a month or more if necessary.
- Ensures appropriate effectiveness and efficiency of organizational operations and staff accountabilities in performance of their duties.
- Ensures appropriate policies and procedures are reviewed annually and updated to reflect any changes in state, federal or funder guidelines.
- Develops guidelines for branding of the organization and graphic standards for publications
- Follow at all times all HomeSafe, Inc. domestic violence policies and procedures and business processes.
- Other duties as required and may be assigned by the Board of Directors
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Shall have at least a Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, mental health, psychology, social work, or related fields or equivalent work experience of at least 5 years.
- At least two years work experience in the field of domestic violence, sexual assault or abuse.
- At least two years senior level non-profit management experience to include staff supervision and operational management.
- Experience in working with a Board of Directors
- Experience in working in fast paced environment with diverse client needs
To perform effectively in this position, the individual should demonstrate the following competencies. These core competencies reflect the effective administration and its programs fulfilling the mission.
- Management- maintains effective systems to ensure efficiency and effectives of job duties and assignments.
- Job Knowledge- understands and is able to comply with all aspects of the the mission of the organization.
- Initiative: Displays initiative in resolving problems as they occur in consultation with the Executive Director and initiates recommendations to work flow processes and program needs.
- Communication: communicates effectively with multiple audiences using a variety of formats.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters during the course of their daily work and performing the functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. While performing the duties of this job, an employee must be able to:
- Stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Drive to various locations to include shelter, court and community partners
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft products (word, outlook, excel)
- Ability to work flexible hours and respond to 24/7 call for client emergencies
Health, Dental, Vision, PTO
How to Apply
- Date Posted: July 14, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Executive Leadership
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk