Turner’s Heroes, a Nashville-based pediatric patient support and pediatric cancer research non-profit, is looking for an Executive Director to lead the organization into the future. Turner’s Heroes is a non-profit that was started in July of 2019 and partners with universities, high schools, and professional athletes to support pediatric patients and children’s hospitals through superhero-themed events. Turner’s Heroes has worked with universities in Tennessee, Georgia, Ohio, and Wisconsin along with athletes in the NFL and on the PGA TOUR to support and honor pediatric patients as well as fundraise for pediatric cancer research. Through these efforts, Turner’s Heroes has funded two pediatric cancer Discovery Grants at the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt and a named endowment fund at the American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, Wisconsin.
Turner’s Heroes is searching for an Executive Director excited about an opportunity to continue to build and grow a young non-profit organization with a solid foundation. Turner’s Heroes is looking for an Executive Director to bring a creative vision for the future that can continue to solidify previous relationships and build new and exciting connections.
Executive Director Job Responsibilities:
- Manage and formalize the day-to-day operations and processes of the organizations.
- Conceptualize and lead fundraising campaigns to support the organization’s missions.
- Actively engage Turner’s Heroes’ donor base, volunteer network, Board Members, and partners.
- Develop and execute strategic plans for the future of the organization.
- Provide leadership for the organizations and the Board of Directors.
- Control the messaging, marketing, and social media of the organization.
- Expand the donor base of the organization while creating new relationships and partnerships.
- Track and control the financial health of the organization.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year institution or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in non-profit leadership or operations.
- Proven fundraising success.
- A creative vision for the future.
- Experience on or managing a Board of Directors.
- Great interpersonal and networking skills.
- Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and dynamic personality.
- Ability to be self-reliant and work with a diverse group of Board Members and partners.
- Experience working within Athletics or working with athletes is a plus.
Unlimited PTO, Flexible work schedule, HSA, and more.
How to Apply
Email a Resume and Cover Letter to Cody Markel at email@example.com.
- Date Posted: May 12, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 07/05/2021
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/week