Girls on the Run of Middle Tennessee
GIRLS ON THE RUN OF MIDDLE TENNESSEE:
At Girls on the Run of Middle Tennessee we inspire girls to recognize their inner strength and celebrate what makes them one of a kind. Trained coaches lead small teams through our research-based curricula which includes dynamic discussions, activities and running games. Over the course of the ten-week program, girls in 3rd-8th grade develop essential skills to help them navigate their worlds and establish a lifetime appreciation for health and fitness. The program culminates with girls positively impacting their communities through a service project and being physically and emotionally prepared to complete a celebratory 5k. To learn more, please visit https://www.gotrmiddletn.org.
Responsible for the development and implementation of the Girls on the Run mission and vision. Responsibilities include overseeing all organizational and operational aspects of GOTR, including its administration, finance, revenue generation, program development, personnel management and strategic planning. The Executive Director administrates all daily management duties.
Standard working conditions that do not cause physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise and the like. Occasional lifting of roughly 35-pound boxes of supplies, materials, etc. to waist high level. Ability to drive plus the availability of a vehicle to use for getting to and from meetings and other events. Has a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain necessary auto insurance for the above purposes. Ability to work a varied schedule, including evenings, early mornings and weekends, when required.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare and manage organizational budget and finances in coordination with the Board.
- Oversee and engage in formation and implementation of fiscal development plan, which includes seeking out and developing relationships with funding sources, writing and distributing grants, maintaining annual giving campaign, and contributing ideas and program knowledge to special events planning and other fundraising activities.
- Plan and prepare for infrastructure growth to parallel growth of program; develop and implement necessary policies and procedures to facilitate that growth.
- Manage within the board approved budget GOTR financials and operating essentials, including insurance, payment of monthly bills, and legal documents.
- Act as ambassador to represent GOTR’s mission and programs at networking and awareness-raising events and make presentations at local events and organizational meetings, when appropriate.
- Serve as a steward to and cultivate relationships with donors, parents, participants and volunteers through personal written and verbal communication.
- Develop a new-site strategy and serve as GOTR ambassador to new and existing sites.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages site recruitment and program implementation.
- Organizes, coordinates and manages the recruitment and placement of volunteers for program sites, season ending 5k and other GOTR program related events.
- Work with Communications and Events Officer to develop and maintain public relation campaigns while establishing and strengthening relationships with the local media and serving as the primary contact to market the program and build additional community support.
- Develop and foster a strong, open dialogue with the Board of Directors; assist in the scheduling and preparation of Board meetings; help identify and cultivate prospective Board members; assist Board in reaching its goals.
- Maintain strong connection to GOTR International, including sharing of annual financial reports and databases.
- Attract, develop and retain staff in accord with the GOTR mission; plan, in coordination with the Board and staff, for the direction and leadership of the overall program.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Must display a personal passion for the mission of GOTR and be a role model for health and self-esteem.
- Able to present convincingly GOTR program offerings and possess a depth of knowledge, or a willingness to learn, about the GOTR program and philosophy; previous experience with GOTR preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively with community leaders, school personnel, volunteers, parents, children and program funders.
- Possession of data management skills and computer competence, including Excel, Word, and email; experience with volunteer management sites, Quickbooks and social media sites preferred.
- Demonstrated experience setting and managing budgets and financial forecasting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and make efficient decisions.
- Superb project management, communication, collaboration and team participation skills.
- Outstanding relationship-building skills and ability to respond quickly and empathically to volunteers and generate win-win solutions.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter detailing your interest, qualifications and required salary range along with your resume to the GOTR Middle TN Board President – by Friday, June 26, 2020. Subject Line: GOTR Executive Director Position.
- Date Posted: June 9, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Children / Youth