Music Health Alliance
Executive Assistant to Founder & CEO
Music Health Alliance
The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Founder & CEO and provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship. This position is the right arm of the Founder & CEO and requires discretion and confidentiality. This position will serve as the primary point of contact for Board of Directors, staff and external clients on matters pertaining to the office of the Founder & CEO. The executive assistant also coordinates executive outreach, participates in the execution of special projects, and serves as a liaison to organizational partners.
Self-Starter | Problem Solver | Take Pride in Work | Enthusiastic About MHA’s Mission | Team Player | Great Personality | Positive Attitude | Resourceful | Willingness to Go Above & Beyond
Day to Day:
- Maintains the CEO’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling phone, Zoom and in-person meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, and answering or directing inquiries.
- Prepares and maintains expense reports, collects, and analyzes information.
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for Founder & CEO.
- Assist Founder & CEO with Event development as directed
- Composes correspondence that is sometimes confidential.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Represents the Founder & CEO by attending meetings in the executive’s absence.
- Update and ensure the accuracy of the Founder & CEO’s client databases
- Use computer word processing, spreadsheet, and database software to prepare reports, memos, calendars, and documents.
- Draft Board of Directors Meeting minutes and provide to Board Secretary for review and distribution after approval.
- Prepares agendas and takes minutes for weekly staff meetings
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting agendas, presentations, correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Founder & CEO’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Works closely and effectively with the CEO to keep her well informed of and prepared for upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Fiercely protects the Founder & CEO’s time by filtering unnecessary meetings and events and keeping the Founder & CEO on task.
- Coordinates and updates all organizational marketing materials upon approval
- CAN DO, Positive Attitude
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role (preferred, but not required)
- 4 year college degree – preferred but not required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Adobe Acrobat, Power Points) and willing to source and learn new programs
- Outstanding time and organizational management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Collaborative spirit
- Consistent desire and willingness to seek out new and more effective methods to support the CEO and Music Health Alliance
Additional Competence Requirements:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
- Confidentiality: Due to exposure to confidential materials, individual must be able to maintain confidentiality and not disclose information to staff members or externally
- Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Salary is based on experience and includes full health, dental and vision benefits.
How to Apply
Please submit a Cover letter, Resume & References to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: April 6, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Start Date: 05/01/2021
- Salary Range: $30-$40K depending on experience
- Working Hours: 40hrs/wk; M-F 9A-5P