Employment status Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Hours per week 20
Supports CEO and Chief Medical Officer
Siloam Health is a nonprofit, charitably funded health center for the underserved, providing primary care, student education, and community health among Nashville’s growing immigrant and refugee community. The Executive Assistant is an organized, detail-oriented, “right hand” to the CEO and CMO, supporting their efforts to effectively lead a team of over 40 staff and 400+ volunteers in sharing the love of Christ by serving those in need through health care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and organizes the active schedules of the CEO and CMO and apprises them of upcoming commitments and changes to schedules, communicating with other attendees any schedule changes.
- Prepares meeting agendas and summaries, drafts correspondence, and completes expense reports for CEO and CMO.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the CEO with Board members, donors, foundation staff, and others on matters related to CEO and program initiatives.
- Follows up quickly and effectively on phone calls and emails for CEO and CMO as needed.
- Writes or collaborates on reports, memos, and documents as assigned.
- Supports team with planning and logistics for board/staff retreats and special events.
- Participates in on-going quality improvement (QI) activities within the roles defined above.
- Performs other duties as assigned by CEO and CMO.
Board Liaison and Committee Support
- Coordinates and performs the primary administrative and communication support for the CEO and CMO to the Board of Directors by organizing, preparing for, attending, and following up in all aspects of board and committee meetings in which the CEO and CMO regularly participate (inclusive of some early mornings, occasional evenings, and a rare weekend).
- Maintains, updates, and adheres to policies set in the bylaws regarding board and committee matters, including advance distribution of material before meetings.
- Records board and other assigned committee meeting minutes, maintaining orderly and appropriately authorized copies on the CEO’s confidential digital drive.
Education and Experience
- College degree or minimum of 4 years of experience in an office setting.
- Proven experience successfully using organizational and administrative skills/gifts for the success of a larger team.
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the underserved and in full agreement with Siloam’s mission and core values
- Ability to work well with a diverse, multicultural team in a fast-paced environment.
- Skill in prioritization of workload and ability to multi-task.
- Strong writing skills and computer literacy are required.
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel is a must; proficiency in MS Teams, PowerPoint, and electronic medical records is preferred.
- Familiarity with standard office equipment and desire to master new software are essential.
- Adherence to OSHA and confidentiality requirements.
- Willingness and ability to work at home when necessary.
How to Apply
Please visit our website at https://siloamhealth.org/careers and follow the link for this posting to apply.
- Date Posted: June 17, 2020
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)