Employment status: Part- or Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Hours per week: 30-40
Supports the CEO and Chief Medical Officer
Siloam Health is a nonprofit, charitably funded health center for the underserved, providing primary care, student education, and community health services among Nashville’s growing immigrant and refugee community. The Executive Assistant is an organized, action-oriented, and detail-minded “right hand” to the CEO and CMO, supporting their efforts to effectively lead a team of over 50 staff and 400+ volunteers in Siloam’s mission to share the love of Christ by serving those in need through health care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates, anticipates, and organizes the active schedules of the CEO and CMO and apprises them of upcoming commitments and changes to schedules, communicating any schedule changes to other attendees.
- Prepares meeting agendas and summaries, drafts correspondence, and completes expense reports for CEO and CMO.
- Communicates directly and on behalf of the CEO with Board members, donors, foundation staff, and others on a variety of matters.
- Follows up quickly and effectively on phone calls and emails for CEO and CMO as needed.
- Writes or collaborates on reports, memos, and documents as assigned.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues of concern to the CEO or CMO, determining appropriate course of action, response, or referral.
- Provides creative and logistical support for board/staff retreats and other internal special events.
- Participates in on-going quality improvement (QI) activities within the roles defined above.
- Coordinates reminders, setup, and A/V needs for staff and leadership team meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by CEO and CMO
Board Liaison and Committee Support
- Performs and coordinates primary administrative and communication support for the CEO and CMO to the Board of Directors by organizing, preparing for, attending, and following up on all aspects of board and committee meetings in which the CEO and CMO regularly participate (including some early mornings, occasional evenings, and a rare weekend).
- Maintains, updates, and adheres to board policies and bylaws, including advance distribution of relevant material before meetings.
- Punctually records board and other committee meeting minutes, maintaining orderly and appropriately authorized copies on a confidential digital drive.
- Passionate about Christian ministry to the underserved and in full agreement with Siloam’s mission and core values
- Ability to work well with a diverse, multicultural team in a fast-paced environment.
- Skill in prioritization of workload and ability to multi-task.
- Strong writing skills and computer literacy are required.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, and Excel, as well as Zoom and Google drive is a must; proficiency in MS Teams, PowerPoint, and electronic medical records is preferred.
- Familiarity with standard office equipment and desire to master new software are essential.
- Adherence to OSHA and confidentiality requirements.
- Willingness and ability to work remotely when necessary.
A great work environment, partial benefits based on the part-time job classification, and eligibility to participate in a Simple IRA after one year’s continuous employment.
How to Apply
Please browse our website to learn more about Siloam’s core values and mission then navigate to the careers page at https://siloamhealth.org/careers to find the link to apply.
- Date Posted: April 6, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: Flexible