Junior Achievement of Middle TN
Events & Marketing Manager
Junior Achievement of Middle TN
At Junior Achievement, we give young people the knowledge and skills they need to own their economic success, plan for their future, and make smart academic and economic choices. Our corporate and community volunteers deliver relevant, hands-on experiences that give students from kindergarten through high school knowledge and skills in financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurship. JA programs empower students to make a connection between what they learn in school and how it can be applied in the real world – enhancing the relevance of their classroom learning and increasing their understanding of the value of staying in school.
Junior Achievement associates are known for their passion for the JA mission that brings together business and education to work with students in kindergarten through high school so they are empowered to own their economic success. Members of the JA team interact with community leaders who support JA with their time, treasure, and talent. Junior Achievement of Middle Tennessee offers a collaborative, inclusive work environment and the opportunity to impact the lives of young people in our community.
The Events and Marketing Manager is a key leadership role within the JA of Middle TN (JAMT) office, managing a portfolio of existing investors and strategic partners while creating a pipeline of new investors/partners in support of fundraising and student program events. The position is responsible for leading and executing key events and implementing marketing strategies to build the JA brand experience to support the mission of JAMT. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic, energetic, creative team player who thrives on building relationships and connecting passion for the JA mission through fundraising and student program events, along with ensuring communications advance the JAMT’s impact.
This position reports to Sr. Director of Development.
- Coordinate with leadership team members to cultivate relationships with new individual and corporate leaders
- Organize and execute assigned JAMT events to successfully meet goals and build awareness for JA’s mission.
- Establish and execute all assigned event logistics, including leadership and oversight for all event production, from planning, invitations, programs/brochures to wrap-up (timelines, meetings, staffing, run of show, etc.)
- Secure and coordinate all appropriate permits, licensing prior to events
- Identify and solicit in-kind donations for events
- Identify, supervise, and train volunteers at events
- Develop sponsorship and stewardship recognition plans related to assigned events
- Implement marketing strategies aligned with the JA strategic plan
- Develop marketing collateral pieces, including coordinating the design, layout, and printing process. Work with team to create and produce materials for the organization.
- Maintain social media content with support from PR company, initiate and develop ongoing relationships with local media outlets to increase awareness of Junior Achievement and promote specific initiatives, programs, and events
- Serve as a marketing liaison to the JA USA, keeping up to date on processes and policies from a national perspective and ensuring local materials/messages are consistent with national message
- Help maintain JA website content
- Ensures CRM database is updated to capture all pertinent donor information.
- Work to improve events’ financial goals through developing new programs, or policies, procedures and timelines working closely with committee/sponsors.
- Manages the tracking of revenues, invoicing, and expense and budget adjustments.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer literacy a must including MS Office. Experience with Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Raiser’s Edge or other donor management software, a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail
- High level of creativity and ability to deal with problems involving several variables
- Excellent interpersonal oral and written communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and manage numerous responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines, performing multi-level tasks in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Marketing/persuasion skills including the ability to communicate and relate in an appropriate manner to staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders.
Salary commensurate with experience – range $48,000-$52,000
Benefits include paid time off, medical, dental, vison, life insurance and 401k
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send resume with cover letter, including a paragraph about why you are interested in this job and what unique skills you bring, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: April 3, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 05/01/2023