Safe Haven Family Shelter
Safe Haven Family Shelter
The Special Events Director is responsible for the implementation of a comprehensive special event program that engages various audiences and builds key relationships with sponsors and attendees for Safe Haven’s signature events, Dancing for Safe Haven and Hike for Safe Haven. This position will also include the management of event logistics. This position will work to reach event fundraising goals through participation and sponsorships. This position will work with the CDO and Executive Director to engage sponsors and attendees in the organization beyond the fundraising events, cultivating and maintaining key relationships. This position also includes the oversight of smaller events benefiting Safe Haven throughout the year.
• Serve as primary point of contact for venue logistics including reviewing contracts, scheduling site visits, and managing overall venue relationships.
• Managing event logistics including strategy, planning and implementation
• Collaborate with volunteer manager on event volunteer needs both before, during, and after events and assist with volunteer job descriptions and scheduling.
• Support sponsor solicitation by co-chairs and chief development officer (CDO), manage and fulfill sponsorship benefits Managing the implementation of the calendar of events, monitoring progress of activity, planning and handling logistics for event chair meetings and correspondence for Dancing for Safe Haven and Hike for Safe Haven.
• Coordinate all event invitation lists, invitations, attendance lists and assist in necessary follow-up. Proficiency with excel is a plus.
• Working with the development associate to use our fundraising management system, Salesforce, to produce event and donor reports, perform analyses and research, and track prospects, sponsors and donors.
• Work with the development team members and event chairs on strategies to increase sponsorship revenue and engagement from corporate donors. Dancing for Safe Haven: • Assist co-chairs with dancer selection, provide orientation for dancers and serve as primary point of contact
• Support CDO in event production details such as working with production company and greeting presenters Collaborate with marketing contractor, graphic designer, and CDO on event invitations and promotions, sponsor solicitation materials, and other print materials as needed
• Coordinate logistics for registration and crowd flow to include seating assignments
• Coordinate Meet Your Dancer Happy Hour, Patron’s Party, and Thank You Party Hike for Safe Haven:
• Lead recruitment of team captains and teams
• Coordinate events that support the Hike for Safe Haven such as Kick-Off events at sponsor companies Additional development and/or administrative support functions as necessary.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in event management
- Strong organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and attention to detail required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and success in nonprofit event management
- Experience working with board members, volunteers, customers or other external constituencies.
- Strong people skills and emotional intelligence
- Detail oriented
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Proficient in Internet use and Microsoft Office products, as well as Salesforce or database experience preferred
- Ability to handle multiple demands from various entities along with high volume requests and rapid responses
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with client, donor, and organizational information
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Work Environment: Office setting.
- Must be able to sit / stand for 8 hours.
- Walking, bending, light lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Must be able to travel to corporate settings.
- 100% Employer-paid health and dental for individuals ($6,000 value for employee enrolled in individual plan)
- Additional discounted family coverage available as well (Up to $11,500 value for employee enrolled in family plan)
- 18 PTO Days plus 8 sabbatical days annually
- 16 Paid Holidays annually
- Paid parental/family leave
- 401K Plan (with 5% employer match)
- Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
- Flexible Spending Account options
- Voluntary vision and life insurance
How to Apply
To apply, please click here then click “Apply for this position.” Here you will have the opportunity to upload a resume and cover letter.
In creating your cover letter please carefully follow these instructions. The cover letter should speak specifically to your interest in this particular position, and discuss how you meet the position key requirements: skill in working with families in crisis, knowledge of counseling/social-work best practices, excellent documentation skills and strong team-work orientation. (Please do not upload a generic cover letter. We are interested in knowing your specific interest and fit for this position.)
No phone calls please.
Safe Haven is an equal opportunity employer.
- Date Posted: July 16, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Salary Range: 50,000 - 55,000
- Working Hours: M-F 8am - 5pm, Occasional Weekends