Nashville Public Radio
The Events Coordinator is responsible for facilitating events and community engagement initiatives of all sizes and, as well as the training and recruitment of volunteers. This position works with the Nashville Public Radio team and also engages with volunteers and outside vendors. The coordinator, like all staff at Nashville Public Radio, will work to reach our goals of building our audience through community engagement; presenting innovative, compelling events and meaningful conversations; cultivating new members, and raising the funds necessary to grow our organization and increase the services we provide.
As a member of the development and marketing team:
- Collaborate with departments throughout Nashville Public Radio to coordinate community engagement initiatives and special events for Nashville Public Radio and its associated brands – WPLN News and 91Classical.
- Develop training materials, recruit, train and manage volunteers.
- Coordinate local volunteer participation staffing community events.
- Ensure that all events and initiatives meet goals and expectations, tie into the Nashville Public Radio Strategic Plan, and support brand messages.
- Write and distribute project status reports, presentations and post-event recaps
- Work closely with our content teams to expand the reach of our journalism and music to create brand awareness
- Works closely with our underwriting team from event inception, to preparing proposals, to sponsorship fulfillment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; three-plus years’ experience in special events, volunteer management or related field
- Demonstrated track record of recruiting, training and managing volunteers
- Is a collaborator that can work across the organization to help build awareness for the stations and drive community engagement
- Experience managing budgets, coordinating staff and working effectively with volunteers and outside vendors
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and perform under pressure with strong attention to detail
- Graphic design experience a plus, but not required
- Project Management Skills. Understanding project tracking/management software a plus.
- Negotiating skills preferred to assist in contracts
- Oversee organization wide calendar of events
Nashville Public Radio provides excellent benefits and a dynamic workplace.
How to Apply
Submit cover letter and resume with three references by March 6, 2020.
Apply to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
- Date Posted: February 5, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 04/01/2020
- Salary Range: competitive salary dependent on experience
- Working Hours: 40 hours/wk, M-F 8:30am-5:00pm. Events will require some nights and weekends.