Heritage Foundation of Williamson County
Event Service & Festivals Manager
Heritage Foundation of Williamson County
To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Implement the creative design and execution of Heritage Foundation’s various signature events, as lead internal event project manager by creating and managing industry best-practice venue/site design with balanced crowd flow, orchestrating and guiding cross-functional teams and organization divisions in support of all events (i.e. education/public programming, marketing/communications, development and corporate sponsorship, finance, volunteers, The Franklin Theatre, Downtown Franklin Association, etc.) and by creating and managing event staffing plan with solid coverage and built-in downtime/shifts for non-event staff members
- Facilitate all event logistics and operations, including but not limited to tenting, décor, props, catering, serving/bar staffing, portable restrooms, radios, generators, entertainment, staging, sound/lighting/video production, parking, shuttles, valet, waste removal, security and police staffing, permitting, insurance, traffic management, etc.
- Source, develop, and manage mutually beneficial relationships with key event vendors, ensuring agreement terms are met.
- Coordinate the actions of event vendors and contractors through all phases of events, coordinating pre-, day-of, and post-event registration standings, logistics and contract fulfillments.
- Demonstrate consistent comprehensive understanding of contract management through all phases, including but not limited to negotiation, creation, execution, and enforcement of all agreement facets in support of the goals and objectives of the Heritage Foundation.
- Manage and communicate overages and variances from identified budget with key stakeholders and vendors.
- Liaise with government officials and officers to secure necessary permits, licenses, approvals, and authorization for each Heritage Foundation event, and verify all participants are notified of all regulations and restrictions.
- Collaborate with fellow Heritage Foundation leaders to confirm all events are appropriately staffed and supported, in accordance with contract obligations, permit requirements and operational needs.
- Develop and execute departmental objectives within parameters of established annual budgets.
- Assist Chief Operating Officer with operations and administrative tasks, as needed.
- Regular and reliable attendance, including some evenings and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience; 3-5 years proven experience with event production and management, proven success managing complex projects and high volume of work.
Other qualifications: Strong self-starter with impeccable problem-solving abilities. Must be a hands-on, “roll up your sleeves” team player. Proven success in managing both small- and large-scale events – experience planning and producing outdoor events and/or festivals preferred. Outstanding leadership skills and ability to lead and manage cross-functional teams. Ability to work seamlessly with team members at all levels. General knowledge of computer applications for the frequent use of electronic mail, word processing, data entry, spreadsheets, graphics, etc. Must be able to handle multiple, simultaneous tasks effectively and efficiently. Strong verbal and written communication skills required. Must be detail oriented and organized with the ability to perform duties under pressure, prioritize workload, and timely meet deadlines. Must have the aptitude and ability to self-direct work. Ability to work irregular hours and weekends.
The Heritage Foundation offers medical, dental and vision benefits, paid time off and more.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please send your resume and cover letter (including salary requirements) to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. We look forward to receiving your email!
- Date Posted: March 24, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 04/18/2022
- Salary Range: $45K-$50K per year
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week, including nights and weekend availability