Employment IPS Specialist
To make contact with potential employers and employment members, to work closely with the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, to maintain a database for employment, to oversee billing for clients with Vocational Rehabilitation, Behavioral Health Organizations, and other funding sources, and other employment duties as required.
- Meets with members regarding employment:
- Is the initial point of contact with members being referred for Employment Services only. Completes initial paperwork, develops goals, assists with a resume, explores SSA benefits, payment options as appropriate, and continues working with the member toward job placement.
- Job develops, to build business networking relationships.
- Seeks out certain types of jobs in order to make a good “match” for the member’s skill sets, work history and future work desires.
- Refers members to Vocational Rehabilitation or other funding source if/as appropriate.
- Continues providing supportive services to members, once they are employed, for a specified period based on need.
- Works closely with the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation:
- Is knowledgeable about all Letters of Agreement with the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation and ensures that all contractual requirements are being met.
- Meets with the VR counselor at each funding level for Supported Employment members.
- Completes all reports and forms required by VR for each member.
- Makes referrals to VR submitting all required documentation.
- Submits to VR all invoices as appropriate and follows up with them until they are paid.
- Maintains Employment Database and Statistics:
- Develops and maintains an Employment Database using the web-based Foothold system.
- Ensures appropriate paperwork is being completed on members in the database by reviewing database submissions and peer monitoring charts.
- Completes monthly statistics on job seeking/employed members to be given to the Director of Supported Employment.
- Meets with the appropriate Park Center and State staff during monitoring site visits.
- Works closely with other members of the employment team and with the programs at Park Center:
- Follows the IPS (Individual Placement and Support) model of service delivery.
- Attends weekly employment team meetings.
- Provides assistance for employment lunches and other employment activities.
- Attends treatment team meetings, as needed.
- Is available to answer questions regarding employment for other Park Center programs.
- Helps coordinate with other programs (Housing, Emerging Adults) within Park Center to offer employment services to members.
- Assists with telephone follow-ups of employment members.
- Maintains regular contact with employers, via telephone and in person, as appropriate in order to maintain effective employer relations and as directed by good fidelity.
- Actively job develops in the community on behalf of members.
- Valuescultural competence and diversity:
- Collaborates with staff, members, and the community to gain the perspectives of others with diverse opinions, abilities, values, beliefs, perspectives, and ethnic or cultural backgrounds.
- Takes deliberate steps to increase own cultural competency by attending trainings, events, discussions, workshops, etc.
- Other Duties:
- Attends monthly employment luncheons.
- Is knowledgeable about the contents of the Employee Handbook and accurately follows all procedures.
- Attends all necessary staff meetings and trainings.
- Participates in member activities whenever possible.
- Works Christmas or Thanksgiving as scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in social work, sociology, vocational rehabilitation, or other human services related field
- At least one year’s experience in a mental health or social service setting
- Ability to work effectively with people
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Demonstrates high standards of professional and ethical behavior
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to show proof of personal automobile insurance
- Must be insurable under Park Center’s automobile insurance
How to Apply
Human Resources 801 12th Avenue SouthNashville, TN 37203
- Date Posted: November 13, 2019
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)