Emergency Shelter Therapist
Oasis Center: Oasis Center provides a wide range of opportunities that reflect the diverse needs of youth and their families, from crisis intervention to youth leadership and community engagement to college and career access.
Position: Emergency Shelter Therapist
Summary: To provide immediate crisis intervention/referral/intake services for youth who are referred through the crisis phone line/crisis walk-in service/community based agencies; provide individual, family and group counseling; provide case management and aftercare services to assigned clients; and actively participate in the Clinical and Shelter teams.
Salary Range: $40,000- 45,000K Based on education, licensure, and experience
Provide individual, family, and group counseling services for youth and families who are experiencing a crisis, utilizing a variety of means of contact including but not limited to in-person and telehealth.
· Utilize creative approaches to provide therapeutic supports for youth beyond talk therapy or other traditional methods
· Assist in a comprehensive assessment of youth’s needs to ensure youth are matched with appropriate interventions
· Operate from a family systems approach to support young people in family strengthening efforts, as appropriate.
· Engage in a case conferencing approach with youth, case managers, and other parties as relevant to understand youth’s needs, strengths, and goals and to create a plan for services.
· Provide liaison, advocacy and referral services with appropriate mental health centers, courts, physicians, school systems, Department of Children’s Services and others as needed.
· Provide crisis response support in helping youth mediate conflict with families, friends, peers, and roommates.
· Conduct therapeutic support groups with teens and families and other groups as needed.
· Participate in clinical on-call rotation.
· Document client interactions in a consistent and ethical manner.
Strong capacity to form meaningful, caring, and affirming relationships with all young people, including LGBTQ+ youth.
· Knowledge and ability to apply behavior management techniques, basic counseling principals, crisis intervention theory, group work theory, and systems theory.
· Knowledge and ability to access community resources.
· Knowledge of and ability to apply Positive Youth Development, Trauma-Informed Care, and evidence-informed practices based in an understanding of adolescent and family development.
· Clear understanding of racial inequities and other forms of discrimination and willingness to operate from an anti-oppression model.
· Understanding of and ability to deliver services through a low barrier approach.
· Spanish-speaking preferred, but not required.
Educational Requirements: Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, or other related field, plus one year of relevant experience
Freen dental and vision employee insurance
Free LTD policy
Free Life insurance policy
11 paid holidays including birthday and Juneteenth
Paid Parental Leave
401K – up to 3% match
How to Apply
Procedure: Send cover letter and resume to Marjorie Rice @ email@example.com
Oasis Center is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and is operated in accordance with a policy which does not permit discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, handicap, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Date Posted: September 21, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Clinician
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Salary Range: 40-45K