TN Performing Arts Center
Assist in maintaining of lighting equipment and electrical infrastructure as well as working on productions in our 4 theaters, support areas, and lobbies.
1. Set up and run lighting systems for productions within theaters.
2. Maintain all lighting equipment and facilities.
3. Assist and support the Electrics Department
- Assists clients in implementation of their technical needs
- Performs event-related lighting head responsibilities that may include stage management, electrical work, or other required areas of support.
- Maintains technical equipment and facilities.
- Supervises crew for assigned maintenance or events.
- Provides event related technical support to supervisor.
- Ensures safety of department specific equipment.
- Maintains a safe environment for our patrons, clients, and fellow employees.
The above listed duties are not all inclusive. This position is expected to perform other work-related duties as assigned even though they may not be considered primary duties.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and 2 to 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
College education highly desired.
Skills and Knowledge Required
1. In-depth knowledge of theatrical systems & equipment.
- Ability to manage staff and equipment.
- Computer knowledge of various software (i.e. Excel, Word, CAD…)
- In-depth knowledge of theatrical lighting control systems, electrical components and systems, and lighting design (ETC Eos, MA-dot2).
- Strong knowledge of networking lighting systems
- Understanding of lighting techniques required for both live and filmed performance
- Understanding of design principles and aesthetics required for some events
- Live Streaming experience is recommended
How to Apply
Please apply through our website: https://www.tpac.org/about/employment/
- Date Posted: October 8, 2020
- Type: Contract / Temp
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Salary Range: 19-20/Hour