AgeWell Middle Tennessee
Eldercare Project Manager
AgeWell Middle Tennessee
AgeWell Middle Tennessee (formerly the Council on Aging of Middle Tennessee) is a regional nonprofit serving older adults and family caregivers for 35 years. Our mission is to champion informed and positive aging and serve as the area’s catalyst for collaborative solutions to unmet needs. One of our current strategic priorities is improving information and support for family caregivers of older adults in partnership with employers since the majority of eldercare is provided by working caregivers. Learn more about us at https://agewelltn.org/
We are hiring a new part-time (20 hour/week) position to help launch a social enterprise called Eldercare Coach. Caregivers in the United States have grown by over 10 million in the last 5 years, and the population continues to rise. There are now over 53 million caregivers of older adults, 60% of whom are working while also providing care. The average caregiver spends 24 hours per week on care-related activities, such as helping aging loved ones with groceries, meals, doctors’ appointments, and more. AgeWell is committed to supporting working caregivers in Middle TN by partnering with businesses to create age-friendly workplaces. Eldercare Coach combines online tools and resources, virtual and on-site education, personalized ‘care coach’ phone consultations, and more to address today’s caregiving challenges in the workforce.
- Serve as lead project manager for the Eldercare Coach social enterprise; coordinate and collaborate with AgeWell staff, Eldercare Coach contractors and student intern(s)
- Refine project services including: online assessment surveys, employer best practice guide, online portal, Lunch & Learn modules and phone consultations
- Develop and implement a work plan and timeline to refine services during the final stages of beta testing and in preparation for launch of Eldercare Coach
- Work with project team to create pricing model and employer subscription/sponsor agreement
- Enhance educational curriculum for the virtual and/or on-site Lunch & Learn modules and presentations to Human Resource professionals; assist Community Engagement Director in researching and compiling educational content and creating new presentation slides
- Research prospect businesses, government agencies and/or faith communities to identify “right fit” employers in Middle TN; conduct outreach in coordination with Community Engagement Director and Donor and Sponsor Manager to cultivate new Eldercare Coach program partners / subscribers
- Recommend and develop strategies for building corporate and public interest in Eldercare Coach; assist AgeWell’s Marketing Committee in the development of marketing materials and social media strategies
- For new employer partners: serve as primary contact for HR directors/managers at partner sites; coordinate onboarding, scheduling, service delivery and evaluations for program participants (employer subscribers and caregiving clients); process employer assessment surveys and prepare summary reports for employers
- Manage quality assurance monitoring and improvement
- Work with Development and Operations Director on program evaluation activities including data collection and monthly grant reporting
The ideal candidate for the Eldercare Project Manager position will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree (preferred); Bachelor’s degree required
- 7+ years of progressive experience coordinating programs or projects in nonprofit, government and/or private sectors
- Demonstrated organization, project planning & management skills
- Passion for helping older adults and family caregivers
- Business development experience (preferred): Chamber of Commerce, Human Resource Management, corporate and/or small business management
- Entrepreneurial experience (strongly preferred): successfully planning and launching a new program, service and/or social enterprise
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Demonstrated initiative with regards to identifying prospective partners/employers and developing new partnerships
- Computer and database skills – i.e., Microsoft Windows applications, Salesforce, Survey Monkey, and other online applications
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds, and a sensitivity to the shifting demographic trends within the growing caregiver population
This is a part-time position that reports to the Director of Community Engagement. While the position starts at 20 hours/week, it may expand gradually to full time in the future, pending project growth and the availability of funding.
Full and part-time employees at AgeWell are eligible for 12 paid vacation days and 12 paid sick days per year, as well as 10 paid holidays and one personal day per year. Vacation and sick leave is equivalent to the number of hours worked. Health and retirement benefits are not available.
How to Apply
Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
AgeWell Middle TN has a long history of working with and serving a diverse older population. Seeking to do our part to increase diversity, racial equity, inclusion and justice, we are committed to growing our board and staff to more fully represent the diversity of our community. In doing so, we believe that we can better serve the needs of elders and families throughout the Middle TN region. We value a diverse workplace and encourage people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, AgeWell Middle TN is also committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and job applicants regardless of age, race, color, creed, ancestry, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, religion, sexual preference, and any other status that would violate federal, state or local laws, regulation or ordinance.
Please email resume and cover letter detailing your candidacy to: email@example.com
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
AgeWell Middle TN
95 White Bridge Road, Suite 250
Nashville, TN 37205
No phone calls, please
- Date Posted: March 3, 2021
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Programs and Service Delivery
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 04/05/2021
- Salary Range: 23-26/hr
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/wk; flexible daily schedule