Economic and Community Development Program Administrator
Greater Nashville Regional Council
The Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) is seeking a full-time Economic and Community Development (ECD) Administrator to support the ECD Team. GNRC is a designated economic development district and provides a range of economic and community development services (including home repair assistance) throughout GNRC’s 13-county region. The ECD Program Administrator will assist the ECD Team in undertaking economic and community development programs and projects, primarily focused on initiatives that help communities recover from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
GNRC is the regional council of governments for Nashville and surrounding counties and serves as one of nine regional economic development districts established by the Tennessee General Assembly in 1965. GNRC’s mission is to assist local communities and state agencies in the development of plans and programs that guide growth and development in the most desirable, efficient, ad cost-efrfective manner, while ensuring the conitnued long-term livabillity of the region. More information is available at GNRC.org.
Specific duties of the ECD Program Administrator include:
- Assisting with the preparation of grant applications;
- Administering or assisting with the administration of ECD projects and programs, including but not limited to, preparing documents, processing invoices/pay requests, conducting payroll reviews, maintaining project databases, and organizing files for monitoring and/or audit;
- Providing customer service and outreach to program applicants, clients, and contractors;
- Maintaining positive customer relations with clients, partners, funders, and team members;
- Updating the Supervisor regularly (at intervals established by the Supervisor) on the status of programs and projects, and immediately apprising the Supervisor of issues or potential issues;
- Assisting with the development of regional plans developed by GNRC, such as the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS);
- Performing other duties as necessary, including general office duties.
The ideal candidate would have a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, Political Science, or a related field and at least 1 year experience administering state or federal programs. Other requirements include strong attention to detail, good organizational skills, great customer service, excellent oral and team building skills. An understanding of economic and community development principles is preferred. Computer skills are a must, especially proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Excel.
Travel Expectations: This position may require travel throughout GNRC’s thirteen county region. A valid driver’s license is required.
Full Benefits Package
How to Apply
If interested please apply at: https://gnrc.bamboohr.com/hiring/jobs
GNRC is an EOE, AA Employer
- Date Posted: August 18, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development