Greater Nashville Regional Council
Economic and Community Development Program Administrator
Greater Nashville Regional Council
The Greater Nashville Regional Council (GNRC) is seeking an experienced grant writer and administrator to join its Department of Economic and Community Development (ECD). The Department is responsible for carrying out GNRC’s role as the region’s state and federally-designated Economic Development District and provides a range of services that help local communities become more equitable and prosperous by aligning infrastructure improvements and community development projects with economic development initiatives. Specifically, the ECD team is charged with regional coordination, grant-writing, and grant administration for a variety of state and federal programs. GNRC’s ECD team also provides small business assistance and loans. Currently, the organization is focused on assisting local communities with a full recovery from the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and recent natural disasters with an objective to ensure long-term economic resiliency.
GNRC was established by the TN General Assembly as an association of local governments empowered to convene local and state leaders for the purposes of planning and programming state and federal investments into a range of social services and public infrastructure. GNRC serves as the region’s federally-recognized Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO), Area Agency on Aging and Disability (AAAD), and Economic Development District (EDD). More information is available at GNRC.org.
Duties of the ECD Program Administrator include:
- Strengthening partnerships with public agencies and private sector organizations engaged in economic development initiatives;
- Preparing grant applications in either a lead or support role;
- Providing grant administration services to include preparing documents and reports, processing invoices/pay requests, conducting payroll reviews, maintaining project databases, and organizing files for monitoring and/or audit;
- Assisting in the preparation of the Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) and other plans developed by GNRC;
- Collaborating with GNRC’s planning team to carryout stakeholder and public engagement activities;
- Preparing and presenting reports to boards and committees, partner organizations, and the general public;
- Conducting research and analysis on issues and trends related to economic and community development;
- Performing other duties as assigned by the Director of Economic and Community Development.
Qualifications: A master’s degree in public or business administration, economic development, community and regional planning, political science, nonprofit management or related field is preferred, along with at least two years of practical experience. A bachelor’s degree and five years of experience in a related field may be substituted for the master’s degree. The ideal candidate will hold a professional certification from a national or state organization in the field of economic and community development or planning. Foreign degrees and credentials will be considered.
Remote Work and Travel Expectations: This position may include a mixture of in-office and work-from-home opportunities and will require regular travel throughout Middle Tennessee.
Full Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability, Etc.
How to Apply
If interested, please apply at www.gnrc.org/jobs
- Date Posted: May 9, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development