McNeilly Center for Children
Early Education Community Engagement and Volunteer Leader – AmeriCorps Member
McNeilly Center for Children
Are you looking to make a real difference in the lives of children and families? Do you want to gain valuable skills in marketing, communications, volunteer management, program development and community outreach? If so, you would be an excellent addition to the McNeilly Center for Children team as an AmeriCorps member!
Full Time, August 15,2022 – July 28, 2023
The Early Education Community Engagement and Volunteer Leader plays an important role in strengthening our mission to give children and families in need a stronger start in school and in life. This service opportunity is perfect for an individual who has a passion for building relationships and thrives in an environment that requires flexibility, creativity, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate is able to motivate, inspire, and retain volunteers and effectively communicate the agency’s mission. This individual should be a go-getter who builds awareness about McNeilly Center and the importance of high-quality early education. Your ability to develop volunteers, foster community relationships, and increase outreach will ensure that children have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
The Early Education Community Engagement and Volunteer Leader will manage all aspects of the volunteer program and will expand the agency’s community engagement efforts. You will make a lasting impact in students’ lives by increasing outreach efforts; working with staff to improve the volunteer program; refining the volunteer experience, and helping secure resources and volunteers for classroom support and literacy initiatives.
This AmeriCorps member will leave their service term with skills in volunteer management, public speaking, community outreach, and project planning and execution. At the end of the term, your ability to connect, empower, and enrich peoples’ lives will be incredibly valuable.
Nashville is powered by people of all ages, races, ethnicities, skin tones, sexes, genders, sexualities, religions, abilities, and socioeconomic statuses engaging in service together. This is a city where YOU matter and YOU make a difference. Join us as we tackle the community’s most pressing challenges through service by becoming a Hands On Nashville AmeriCorps Program member.
The HON AmeriCorps Program is made possible through generous support from Volunteer Tennessee, The Dan and Margaret Maddox Fund, and AmeriCorps, the federal agency connecting individuals and organizations through service and volunteering to tackle the nation’s most pressing challenges.
- Recruit and communicate with volunteers
- Coordinate volunteer training
- Create marketing materials and presentations
- Develop methods and tools for assessing agency volunteer needs
- Implement and improve outreach efforts through research and assessment
Typical Day In This Position
Flexibility is key, as no two days will look exactly the same! A typical day may be spent preparing for and coordinating a volunteer grounds clean-up, recruiting a volunteer group to host a field day, or making a presentation to a community group. The leader participates in monthly literacy celebrations in partnership with Junior League of Nashville and on-site group volunteer opportunities,
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm not to exceed 37.5 hours per week.
Members should have experience with or the willingness to develop competencies in these areas:
(1) Working with infants and preschool aged children from low-income or disadvantaged backgrounds
(2) Working with people from diverse backgrounds
(3) Leading groups confidently with a positive attitude
(4) Solving problems proactively and with agility
Key abilities include:
(1) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
(2) Proficiency in using Microsoft Office tools like Word and Excel
(3) Good organizational skills, self motivation and enthusiasm for your work
- $6,495 education award, upon completion of service contract
- Federal student loan forbearance and accrued interest payment
- Bronze-level health coverage through Healthcare.gov
- Training and professional development in nonprofit management
- $20,000 living allowance, paid in bi-weekly increments
How to Apply
Please apply using the link: https://forms.office.com/r/4BZ11DvFuv
- Date Posted: April 7, 2022
- Type: VISTA / AmeriCorps
- Job Function: Other
- Service Area: Community Development
- Start Date: 08/15/2022
- Salary Range: 20000
- Working Hours: 37.5