Donor Management Specialist
Special Kids Therapy & Nursing Center
We’re based in Murfreesboro, TN; Christ-focused; and ready to serve each family that comes through our doors. We’re professionals who are trained and licensed; but first, we’re Christ followers with a God-sized mission that is only met through Him. Special Kids offers professional services to children ages birth through 21 years. Our treatment range encompasses children who need a little extra help, to children who are medically fragile, and to all sorts of diagnoses in between. Development team members at Special Kids have opportunities for team collaboration as well as collaboration with other disciplines, and with community partners. Development team members are encouraged to participate in community events and represent the organization with a Christ-like attitude. Their focus is on developing investors to provide resources for the operational needs and future expansion of Special Kids. This position is 40 hours per week, with benefits, holidays and paid time off.
Supports the development team in building, maintaining, and growing lasting relationships with community supporters by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Works with the Development Director to create and implement an annual strategic plan for investor cultivation utilizing best practices in moves management.
- Works with Development director to manage budgets and develop goals for general and endowment fund.
- Is responsible for meeting financial goals and deadlines to keep general fund and endowment goals on track and meeting the needs of the organization.
- Develops individualized strategic plan for key investors.
- Manages touchpoint tracking and investor relations process.
- Regularly meets and communicates with organizations dedicated investors.
- Works with financial team to ensure proper donor information is recorded in CRM.
- Works with marketing team to ensure timely and coordinated communications are going out to investors.
- Pulls monthly reports on donors to ensure all new investors are added to investor relations process and communications.
- Develops, maintains, and grows relationships with key investors through meetings, handwritten notes, phone calls, tours, speaking engagements and other various touch points.
- Supports the Development Director on communications and leadership of the endowment committee.
- Works with volunteers, interns and volunteer committees as needed to meet annual fundraising goals and maximize time with investor relationship building.
- Uses various online tools including but not limited to, Mobile Cause, Engage, and CRM (donor database) to communicate and track activities with investors.
- Helps development team with securing sponsors and participants for annual events.
- Attends fundraising events and represents Special Kids through various media outlets including but not limited to Chamber Events, United Way Events, TN appearances as necessary and appropriate.
Education and/or Experience
Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Communications and/or 3-5 years’ experience in related field. Experience in non-profits or fundraising, volunteer/campaign management, public speaking, and managing a +$500,000 budget is preferred.
To be successful in this job, an individual should have basic computer skills and the ability to learn new software and web-based applications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None required; CPR certification recommended.
- Servant’s heart.
- Passion to serve the children and families.
- Willingness to go the extra mile.
- Team minded and focused.
- Joyful in spirit.
- Respectful of authority.
- Solves problems creatively.
This position is 40 hours per week, with benefits, holidays and paid time off.
How to Apply
Please visit – Special Kids, Inc. – Job Opportunities (paylocity.com)
- Date Posted: December 14, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Working Hours: 40/hrs