Donor Engagement Specialist
The Donor Engagement Specialist brings a positive determination and keen sense of detail to donor data collection and finds joy in connecting the philanthropic goals of diverse communities to the mission of Interfaith Dental through the creation of memorable friend and fundraising events. This position will support the organization’s comprehensive donor relations plan including donor stewardship and retention, gift receipt acknowledgement, event support and ensuring the integrity of the database.
This position’s goals include:
- Acknowledge and process all donor gifts.
- Hospitality and logistics execution of agency’s friend and fundraising events.
- Become an expert in Bloomerang database to enter all gifts received, support the development team in data mining, donor research, reporting and segmentation of audiences for campaigns, mailings and solicitation, as well as consistently updating constituent profiles.
- Work alongside Finance team for monthly reconciliations of gifts and maintain development records for annual audits and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Chief Development Officer.
- Receive and receipt all gifts from both clinic locations received in database, coordinate thank you calls for each gift and create acknowledgement letters for each gift in a timely manner.
- Oversee pledges including tracking and sending donor pledge reminders and end-of-year pledge collections.
- Prepare and distribute year-end tax receipts.
- Create and maintain an event planning calendar for approximately 8-10 events annually.
- Pre-event(s) – Work alongside Development team to establish event revenue, event branding/marketing and budget expectations.
- Secure all vendors for each event within or below budget.
- Schedule and manage event volunteer committee meetings, as needed.
- Manage invitations, RSVPs and guest lists.
- Day of event(s)– Oversee all event logistics including serving as point person for vendors and the venue, set up, volunteer/staff assignments and clean up.
- Post event(s)– Coordinate thank yous to volunteers and attendees and enter all gifts in database. Close out all budgetary items and create a summary report of the event.
- Work alongside development team to evaluate each event for future improvements.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- 2-4 years of experience in nonprofit fundraising is preferred.
- Passionate about service to the community and in full agreement with Interfaith’s Core Values: Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Stewardship and Transformational Care.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with MS Office products, especially Microsoft Excel, Publisher, Outlook and Word.
- Willingness to master new software will be essential.
- Must be able to interact with donors and members of the community in a courteous, professional and timely fashion.
- Strong written and oral communicator, attention to detail and solid organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- As a salaried employee, be able to work some evenings and/or weekends.
Interfaith Dental Core Values
Compassion – We embrace those who are suffering and go above and beyond in caring for them with a servant’s heart.
Respect – We honor the uniqueness and dignity of every person.
Excellence – We seek to continually improve, and evolve best practices and services based on science and client feedback.
Stewardship – We are effective stewards of human and financial resources.
Transformational Change – We strive to make a big difference for those we serve. We focus on results that matter to patients and their families.
- 401K retirement plan offered after one full year of employment
- All eligible employees receive unlimited sick time, as needed
- Vacation time is awarded per employment agreement
After 90 days of employment:
- Medical insurance/HSA
- Life and AD&D Insurance at no cost to the employee
- Annual allowance for dental services provided by Interfaith Dental staff for full-time employees and immediate family
- Full time employees are eligible for paid holidays
How to Apply
email@example.com or mail resume to Interfaith Dental, 600 Hill Avenue, Ste. 1, Nashville, TN 37210.
No phone calls please.
- Date Posted: June 3, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Start Date: 07/01/2021
- Salary Range: 50,000-$55,000 based on experience
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk