Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle TN
Donor Engagement Manager
Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle TN
The Donor Engagement Manager will inspire, engage, and educate individuals of all walks of life to make significant and meaningful financial contributions to Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee. This position utilizes, but not limited to general fundraising and marketing strategies (i.e. email, face-to-face, social media, e-news). In this role, the Donor Engagement Manager connects individuals, foundations, corporations, civic groups and service organizations with giving opportunities and key leaders within the organization. This position is also responsible for preparing and updating donor letters and packets, as well as preparing materials for the Chief Development Officer (CDO), Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and the Board of Directors (BOD). Working directly with both new and existing supporters, this position will grow the donor base for Boys & Girls Clubs of Middle Tennessee through strong relationships and proven strategies in all aspects of Resource Development.
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Resource Development, CDO, and CEO to plan and implement strategies to increase individual and corporate giving.
- Focus on effective communication and solicitation activities based on specific segmentation of donors.
- Create compelling content – individually, and at times, with a team/agency – that inspires, cultivates and motivates donors, advocates, parents, friends, and funders.
- Collaborate with Leadership to create an integrated enterprise system for donor relationship management.
- Consult with Leadership to strategize annual campaign fundraising and designated gift efforts with the support of the Leadership and Corporate Board as well as prepare Board stewardship activities.
- Build strategies for moving donors to higher giving levels through a culture of philanthropy. Oversee mid-level donors and individuals, affinity groups, and monthly giving programs.
- Identify and educate prospective donors through networking and community engagement activities and events.
- Develop and implement engagement events (e.g. Club tours) with specialty constituents (e.g. prospective donors, current donors, alumni, legacy, and young professionals) to increase awareness and support of BGCMT.
- Oversee Club Blue, BGCMT’s Young Professionals group; coordinate and plan programming and communication in an effort to grow members, increase funding and engagement.
- Work closely with Operations leadership and staff to ensure cultivation and stewardship activities/events run smoothly and effectively, building a positive image of BGCMT.
- Work with Leadership to develop effective strategies for messaging (e.g. success stories, happenings, etc.), building awareness and support for BGCMT.
- In partnership with the Resource Development team, ensure proper donor recognition and stewardship of BGCMT donors; implement timely and on-going personal/written/phone contact with donors/potential donors.
- Perform Resource Development analysis using reporting software and other tools available. Creates regular and periodic reports for Resource Development team, CEO, CDO, and Board of Directors.
- Manages effective analytics based on specific segmentation of donors including updated/relevant letters, etc.
- Develop group volunteer opportunities with service organizations, corporations, and established individual donors.
- Prospect, establish, and manage corporate relationships providing corporate partnership initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills, as well as the ability to work with and motivate others including: colleagues, donors, board members, and volunteers.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment as well as volunteer leadership and Club constituencies.
- Ability to provide clear direction and motivation to others through verbal and written communication, modeling appropriate behavior, optimism, and high achievement.
- Understanding of Salesforce database management (or similar CRM), gift processing, and donor relations. Ability to collect, organize, and analyze data related to donor giving.
- Ability to listen carefully to and understand others’ needs and proactively respond to those needs in a consistent and timely manner.
- Ability to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential and personal information required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with sometimes stressful situations.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, holidays, frequent off-site
meetings and overnight travel may be required.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as the ability to build rapport and maintain respectful, professional relationships with teammates, board members, sponsors, contributors, and vendors.
- Self-motivated and driven to create lasting impact.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Non-Profit management, business, marketing, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years’ successful proven experience in strategic fundraising and individual donor management, business development, or sales/servicing. Affinity group marketing preferred.
- Strong and proven record of securing and growing financial support.
- Proficiency with computers and a variety of software packages/apps (Microsoft, Adobe, CRM, Canva, Slack, etc.).
- Use of social media platforms for marketing purposes as well as utilization of e-news platforms.
- Experience working with youth services organization is preferred.
This position is Alternative Workplace Eligible
Medical, Dental, Vision (eligibile after 60 days)
Retirement (eligible after 1 year)
Paid Time Off
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to Tammy Hammond-Loth at email@example.com or fax to 615-833-4381.
- Date Posted: August 24, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/26/2020
- Salary Range: $40,000 - $45,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F