Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
What you’ll do:
Summary: Director, Technology provides oversight to information technology infrastructure, information systems platforms, and technology policies, either directly or via the use of third-party vendors. This position is accountable for all aspects of the creation, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems-applications, services, and processes. The position provides strategic and tactical technology services to management in support of the corporate mission and goals. This leader supports and fosters our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion, which is the foundation for ensuring a culture of belonging for all personnel.
- Expands knowledge in enterprise software and technology platforms, as well as vendors, to inform organizational technology decisions.
- Collaborates with vendors and users to identify key needs in information technology and systems and develops plans for evolving the information systems environment to support them.
- Provides and/or supervises project management and support of software and hardware projects, including establishing project scope and requirements, maintaining project communications, and monitoring project budgets.
- Collaborates with vendors to ensure appropriate and timely support for the IT infrastructure, including networking hardware and software, network security and telecommunications services.
- Examines and understands operational processes, and their associated control environments, and organizational data as a framework for guiding organizational data usage, including dashboarding, reporting, interface development, user requirements, and decision making with accuracy.
When & Where:
- Schedule: Typical daytime workweek hours of Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM on-site and primarily at our Nashville distribution center.
- Travel: Occasional daytime and overnight travel required, up to 10% of work week within the local service area. Occasional evenings and/or weekends may be required outside of normal working hours for meetings, special events, to respond to issues (e.g., disaster response, community events, etc).
- Flexibility: our flexible work program is a strategic tool to achieve organizational goals, empower employees to do their best work and foster engagement by supporting high performance, business continuity as well as wellbeing and work-life-balance. WorkFlex arrangements are complex, specific to individuals and roles and include the following options: alternative schedule, compressed week, reduced/ part-time, job sharing, remote day and telecommuting.
- Essential business/ first responder: In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Second Harvest is typically considered an essential business service and emergency responder. All employees may be required to perform regular or emergent duties on-site. Employee safety is balanced with business and community necessity. Some positions are more likely to be required on-site than others.
Is this you?
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business or Technology, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred. High School Diploma (or equivalent) required.
- Experience: 8+ years of progressive experience in an Information Technology/Information Systems management role.
- Skills & Capabilities: Extensive understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks, etc.; organizes, coordinates and directs projects ; strong oral and written communication skills, including ability to speak in user-friendly language; excellent interpersonal skills in working with business users, vendors and diverse teams; highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to details; effectively prioritizes and executes tasks in high-pressure environments; contracting, negotiating and change management skills & SQL knowledge is preferred.
- Competencies: Coaching/Developing Others, Leadership/Strategic Thinking, Influence & Project Management.
- Other requirements: our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: professional reference feedback, criminal background, Motor Vehicle Record and a pre-employment drug test. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance are also required. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation).
What Second Harvest has to offer:
Work with a purpose: As one of middle Tennessee’s largest nonprofits, our local hunger relief work is uniquely rewarding, hands on and solutions oriented. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results. A career with Second Harvest ensures that you not only earn a paycheck, but also help your local community through meaningful work. If you are passionate about serving your neighbors in need and are committed to our mission of ending hunger, we invite you to join our 120+ person team in the fight against hunger, as we work to achieve our vision of a hunger free community.
Award winning workplace: we are a best-in-class workplace because we are passionate and people focused – we listen, respect, care and challenge each other, so that our neighbors can count on us. Our employees have identified us among The Tennessean’s Top Workplaces eight times based solely on employee surveys and feedback. We are invested in our team and offer frequent whole-person wellness opportunities through our Harvest Wellbeing Program. We focus on staff physical and mental health, financial empowerment, personal and professional development as well as social and community engagement. There is ample opportunity to be engaged, have work-life-balance and grow with Second Harvest.
Compensation & Benefits: Second Harvest is proud to offer rich and affordable total compensation packages. Total compensation for full-time employment includes many benefits, in addition to base pay. The paid days off policies include: 10 holidays, 15 vacation, 12 sick and personal time, as required by law. Traditional benefits offered include medical (employee-only coverage paid 100% by employer) dental and vision. Additional available benefits include annual bonus potential, annual performance reviews with potential merit pay increases, flexible work, retirement (with a generous employer match), disability insurance (short and long-term), life insurance as well as long-term care insurance.
DEIB & Equal Employment Opportunity: we celebrate and value diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are intentionally working to diversify our team so that our employees reflect the diverse communities that we serve. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply! Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented and diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. We provide equal employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or other legally protected characteristics.
How to Apply
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Apply now!
You can express interest in joining our team, in any of the following ways:
- Online: employment application on our website: http://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities/?gnk=apply&gni=8a78839e7cf165ae017d116d30607fdc&gns=CNM. Resume and cover letter can be uploaded with applications on the website as well.
- Email: Resume and cover letter can be sent to our Human Resources team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In person: applications can be completed by visiting us on-site at any of our distribution centers, locations can be found on our website: secondharvestmidtn.org/contact.
Thanks for your interest in working for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee – we love it here and think you will too!
- Date Posted: March 31, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Social / Human Services
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:00am-4:30pm