Bridges for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Director of Youth Education & Services
Bridges for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director of Youth Education & Services serves as a key leadership team member and an active participant in making strategic decisions affecting BridgesTN and BridgesWEST. This position is responsible for all program activities and services related to youth education programming and services, birth through high school. The Director of Youth Education & Services will supervise program development, implementation, and activities, manage related accounts and contracts, and set goals and direction for programs to deliver the highest quality of service. The Director of Youth Education & Services will build strategic collaborations and partnerships to expand and enrich the efficacy and reach of our programs.
- Support and partner with the CEO on strategic planning and decision making for agency
- Lead and manage all youth educational programming Develop collaborations and partnerships with stakeholders to support new or expanded programming related to youth education
- Design and deliver workshops and outreach presentations on a variety of topics related to D/deaf and hard of hearing education Maintain current and historical knowledge of D/deaf and hard of hearing issues, history, culture, interpreting, etc.
- Participate in or serve on committees, boards, etc both internally and externally as needed
- Partner with Director of Development on all funding and marketing needs related to youth education
- Partner with the Finance Manager to track and maintain records of all revenues and expenses related to youth education
- With CEO, develop measurable goals and objectives for all youth programs and services, and track and evaluate outcomes
- Maintain appropriate records for clients, grant reports, etc.
- Identify, develop, and mentor appropriate staff and independent contractors to deliver programs and high-quality services utilizing best practices in the field
- Collaborate with the Finance Manager to support Bridges’ financial strategy
- Act as an interpreter as needed
- Maintain current knowledge of best practices in D/deaf and hard of hearing education, applying necessary standards to our services
- Other tasks as requested
- Professional experience in a nonprofit organization or educational setting; demonstrated success in a leadership function
- Bachelor’s degree required with certification as Deaf educator
- Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated stakeholder relationships over time
- Excellent communication skills, both written and signed/spoken; ability to influence and engage a wide range of stakeholders and to build long-term relationships
- Flexible and adaptable style; a leader who can positively impact both strategic and tactical decisions and program delivery
- A professional and resourceful style; the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative, and to manage multiple tasks and projects at a time
- High energy and passion for Bridges’ mission is essential
- Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic department plan Strong organizational and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Client focus, heart for service, strong work ethic, highly-developed sense of responsibility and accountability, self-motivated, sense of humor, agility and flexibility, open learner, enjoys challenges, grit, empathetic, compassionate, innovative, creative
- Fluency and expertise in ASL and Deaf culture
We pay competitively and offer benefits for full-time employees, but the greatest benefits are the culture and relationships you will find here. We want the best of the best–people who are talented, generous, kind, and hard-working. We want people who love to laugh, who want to make the world more just and inclusive, and who won’t quit until the job is done.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will not be considered unless all requested elements are provided. No phone calls please. Review of applicants begins immediately and will continue until the positions are filled.
- Date Posted: December 13, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Educator
- Service Area: Children / Youth