Director of Finance
The position is responsible for the financial management of High Hopes Development Center, a nonprofit education and healthcare organization that serves children, with and without special needs. This person will ensure the accuracy of all financial and accounting information, prepare operational budgets, ensure adequate systems of internal controls, and produce financial reports, summaries, and forecasts.
The position is also responsible for the following general operations within the organization such as: human resources services and record keeping; compliance with all governmental requirements, oversight of building management, and IT vendor management.
Reports to/Directly Supervised by: Executive Director
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop appropriate management and financial reports to better analyze the business and provide direction to the areas of the organization.
- Analyze clinical and school financial information in collaboration with the appropriate directors.
- Provide information for the Board Finance Committee and attend all meetings.
- Oversee payroll, including monthly federal tax deposits, unemployment and annual W-2s and 1099s.
- Oversee deposits, electronic transfers, and reconciliation of bank accounts to ensure security.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual statements including financial analysis.
- Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable, including follow-up action when necessary.
- Oversee all cash management of organization and provide direction and communication.
- Work with CPA firm contracted for annual audit and 990.
- Oversee expenses and revenues from special events and grant funded projects.
- Prepare operating budget in collaboration with leadership staff.
- Manage fixed assets.
- Attend Board of Director meetings (6 per year).
- Supervise Finance staff (currently one).
- Oversee benefits plans for employees.
- Manage yearly business and health insurance renewals for organization.
- Oversee safety management for the organization.
- Oversee payroll and human resources services.
- Oversee IT.
- Oversee issues relating to High Hopes property and facilities.
- Oversee improvements to building, including cleaning and maintenance, repairs, pest control, and landscaping.
- Supervise facilities staff (currently two employees).
- Oversee submission of financial registration information with appropriate agencies (state registration, etc.).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or MBA, CPA preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years professional accounting/finance experience; Healthcare experience a plus.
- Proficient with use of QuickBooks Accounting Software and Microsoft Office Products.
- Knowledge and experience in accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, financial statements, budgeting, audit preparation, and payroll processing.
- Proficient technical and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build and retain quality relationships with businesses and financial institutions.
- Works independently and in collaboration with others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to plan, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines and goals.
- Strong problem-solving skills and good judgement.
- Highly developed organizational and planning skills.
Declaration: The foregoing description of duties and responsibilities may not be a complete description. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Statement of Purpose: The mission of High Hopes Development Center is to equip children, youth, and their families with the skills necessary to achieve success through education, therapeutic services, and loving support.
Benefits package will be discussed with candidates.
How to Apply
To apply, please email cover letter and resume to Jessica Mizell at email@example.com
- Date Posted: February 17, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Accounting / Financial Management
- Service Area: Children / Youth