Benton Hall Academy
Director of Development
Benton Hall Academy
The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and tracking all of Benton Hall Academy’s fundraising including major gifts program, annual fund, and special events. The Director works closely with the Head of School and Board of Directors in all development and fundraising endeavors.
● Contact prospective donors and current supporters on a continual basis to establish and maintain effective communications
● Grow major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors
● Have knowledge of grant writing
● Build a planned giving program, including deferred giving
● Direct annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives ● Coordinate fundraising special events including “Food for Thought” and other events ● Work directly with Head of school to complete fundraising events ● Oversee and refine fundraising database and tracking systems.
● Ensure all data are entered into the database in a timely manner
● Oversee creation of publications to support fundraising activities, working with Head of School, Dean of Academics, and Office Manager
● Demonstrate professional conduct at all times
● Perform other related duties as required.
● Must embrace the mission of Benton Hall Academy
● Have strong interpersonal and writing skills
● Have experience in successful fundraising, particularly major gift fundraising ● Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, families, board members, and volunteers
● Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships ● Be a “self starter”and goal driven in initiating donor visits and fundraising calls ● Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals
● Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate self-confidence, common sense, and good listening skills
● A bachelor’s degree
● 3 years minimum experience in professional fundraising or similar field. ● Knowledge and experience in electronic fundraising platforms.
Salary commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
How to Apply
or Mail To:
5555 Franklin Road Nashville, TN. 37220
- Date Posted: September 28, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Education
- Start Date: 10/17/2022
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk