The Refuge Center for Counseling
Director of Development
The Refuge Center for Counseling
The Refuge Center for Counseling’s mission is to offer affordable, professional counseling services in order to empower, educate and support individuals, couples and families in need.
Purpose of Position: To raise funds for The Refuge Center in support of its charitable mission. To connect donor interests with The Refuge Center programs and volunteer opportunities by educating and engaging contributors. To build relationships with diverse community stakeholders, contributors, and partners. To search for new ways to be more effective in bringing broad understanding of The Refuge Center to the community.
- Set fundraising objectives, goals, measures and strategies to grow The Refuge Center for Counseling’s ability to accomplish its charitable mission.
- Focus on growing donors and deepening long-term engagement: 1) identification, 2) cultivation, 3) solicitation, 4) stewardship with a focus on increasing donor giving and retention, planned giving, monthly giving and assisting in capital campaign funding projects.
- Develop and execute an overall giving plan in conjunction with strategic plan in an effort to retain past donors and expand donor base.
- Oversee donor record keeping, receipting, and reporting in Network for Good.
- Work with development team to produce direct appeals.
- Develop event sponsorship and grant contacts.
- Oversee action items related to fundraising and development on strategic plan.
- Develop strategies for growing individual giving.
- Oversight of donor information as well as the consistency, accuracy and timelines of donor listings, mailings and email lists.
- Running donor data reports in Network for Good and analyzing data to develop strategies for increasing retention, growing gift sizes, number of asks made, donations secured.
- Participate in and acquire new speaking engagements in the community (churches, foundations, businesses, funding partners).
- Coordinate and facilitate Connections Lunches with individuals, universities, churches and other agencies.
- Represent organization at conferences or other networking events as designated by the Executive Director.
- Coordinate with Board and Partnership Council for fundraising initiatives.
- Secure and execute face-to-face meetings with donors and prospective donors.
- Supervise development team (Grant Writer, Marketing Coordinator, Events and Capital Assistant).
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years of development experience
- Familiarity with CRM nonprofit software and donor databases
- A collaborative person who is driven by the success of the team and the organization; an open, friendly individual who is perceived as credible, competent, trustworthy, and team oriented; welcoming and appreciative of input from others
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Life Insurance
- Dental & Vision insurance options
- Perks Program
How to Apply
Please submit cover letter and resume to Amy Alexander, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date Posted: September 21, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: Dependent on experience.
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk