Williamson County CASA
Director of Development
Williamson County CASA
Williamson County CASA, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation located in Franklin, Tennessee, seeks a Director of Development who demonstrates a passion and desire for serving and advocating for the best interests of abused and neglected children in Williamson County.
The Director of Development is responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive strategy for corporate and gift relationship management to meet the short and long-term goals of the organization. The Director is responsible for directing all fundraising events and activities, along with engaging with the community to raise awareness of Williamson County CASA programs and services. The Director will work closely with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors in coordinating these activities.
Fundraising and Development
- Create an annual development plan with the Executive Director, that includes targeted goals, objectives, methods, and outcomes.
- Develop long-term relationships with corporations, businesses, individuals, elected officials, court personnel, community leaders, and advocates to raise awareness of CASA in support of fundraising goals.
- Plan, develop, implement, coordinate, and evaluate a variety of ongoing fundraising activities and programs, including, but not limited to annual fundraising campaign events, major gift solicitation, grant preparation, corporate donations, corporate sponsorships, in-kind gift solicitation, and a variety of planned and deffered giving programs.
- Lead future capital and endowment campaigns.
- Manage all fundraising development and event planning committees and meetings.
- Research and prepare grant applications as appropriate. Remain compliant and current with all reporting deadlines.
Communications and Community Relations
- Attend civic, community, development, and other social functions to further the mission and vision of CASA.
- Build relationships with other non-profits dedicated to children and family services to promote cooperation and collaboration.
- Serve as CASA media contact, provide press releases, and pursue all media opportunities to promote CASA.
- Work with the staff and board on public relation opportunities and create content for in-person solicitations and presentations.
- Prepare all promotional material and direct mailing pieces.
- Manage all aspects of the CASA website social networking profiles.
- Prepare and distribute e-mail newsletter.
- Works with the Executive Director on financial matters to include check writing, bank reconciliation, and reports in compliance with board policy.
- Participate with the Executive Board in developing an annual budget and long-term funding plans.
- Maintain donor database and timely distribution of tax receipts.
- Attend monthly board meetings and provide CASA development and fundraising information updates.
- Participate on Board committees when appropriate.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- At least 4 years successful experience in fundraising and donor relations, including face-to-face individual gift solicitation.
- Integrity and Trust
- Written Communication
- Presentation Skills
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- Alternate Work from Home Schedule
- Salaried Position
How to Apply
Email Resume and Cover Letter to the Executive Director Emily Layton, email@example.com
- Date Posted: May 3, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 05/16/2022
- Working Hours: M-F, 8:30am - 4:30pm