First Steps, Inc.
Director of Development
First Steps, Inc.
The mission of First Steps, Inc. is to educate and care for children with special needs and medical conditions alongside their typically developing peers in inclusive environments and support their families. The Director of Development assists the Executive Director in all aspects of agency’s development functions: fundraising, special events, branding and public relations.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the agency’s financial development plan.
- Identify, develop and coordinate special events, including volunteers.
- Research funding opportunities (public, private sources, special events). Implement innovative fundraising strategies.
- Manage donor database, maintain files, records and mailing lists with support of administrative assistant.
- Identify, cultivate and maintain relationships with foundations. Compose grants, provide updates, arrange meetings and offer tours.
- Maintain and build relationships with key identified individuals. Generate correspondence and acknowledgements appropriate to specific donors.
- Manage corporate solicitations: assist with cultivation and solicitation strategies; prepare corporate outreach materials, correspondence, proposals and sponsorship packages as needed; and schedule and attend meetings as appropriate with corporate representatives involving volunteers and/or Executive Director.
- Develop and implement public relations, communications, and advertising activities to increase agency visibility, promote awareness and gain commitment from funders, investors, contributors and community at large.
- Oversee the agency’s web presence and social media outreach with the support of administrative assistant.
- Research, maintain and continually update database of media contacts and community organizations. Produce news releases and media pitches as needed.
- Work with Executive Director to produce printed materials including annual campaign pieces, newsletters and annual reports.
- Serve as liaison to the Development Task Force of the Board of Directors
- Recruit, train and coordinate individual and group volunteers. Ensure volunteers are valued.
- Represent the agency as appropriate in the community.
- Maintain professional development hours of at least 24 hours annually.
- Other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Self-starter with ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising, networking and branding.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with varying audiences (i.e. managers, clients, volunteers, Board and general public).
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- High level skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years of experience in development functions.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Insurance plans
- Retirement plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and select holidays
- Professional development
How to Apply
Please send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
- Date Posted: September 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth
- Start Date: 10/25/2021
- Salary Range: $70,000-76,000
- Working Hours: 40 hours, M-F, 8:00-4:30