Diocesan Administrator/Bishop’s Executive Assistant
Episcopal Diocese of Tennessee
The Episcopal Diocese of Tennessee is the non-profit, religious organization governing the 45 Episcopal churches located throughout Middle Tennessee. The organization is led by the Bishop of Tennessee with assistance from the Canon to the Ordinary and the Bishop & Council. The Diocesan Administrator & Bishop’s Executive Assistant is a full-time position. This person oversees daily office procedures and serves as the Bishop’s assistant.
We are seeking a qualified individual with a keen understanding of the Episcopal Church. The position is full-time with salary commensurate with experience, and excellent benefits including paid time off, a retirement plan, medical, dental, life insurance, and short and long term disability coverage.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Supervision of Administrative Assistant position. Direct reporting to the Bishop and Canon to the Ordinary. Collaborative effort with the Financial Administrator.
- Communications: website updates and maintenance, weekly clergy communications, weekly diocesan communications, annual fund communications.
- Diocesan Convention: assist Canon to the Ordinary with all planning and execution of the annual convention.
- Assistance to Parishes and Ministries of the Diocese – tracking canonically required reporting; understanding of national reporting needs and deadlines; parochial report filing.
- Liaison to Committees of the Diocese, in particular the Standing Committee.
- Administrative support to the Commission on Ministry.
- Support the Bishop in all areas of his leadership—organization, calendar, email, priorities, positive interactions with members of the diocese on the Bishop’s behalf.
- Provide administrative support for travel, ordinations and installations.
- Assist the Bishop in planning and preparing for congregational visits.
- Maintain current database of all clergy and lay members of the Diocese.
- Provide administrative support to members/chairs of diocesan committees.
- Perform other related administrative duties as determined by the Bishop or Canon to the Ordinary.
- Values the Bishop’s and Canon’s trust and works well with both clergy and laity.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality and displays an appropriate level of independent good judgement with discretion.
- Knowledgeable of The Episcopal Church – both on the diocesan and national level.
- Approaches all tasks with a collaborative spirit and positive attitude.
- Respects and honors all people.
- Effective communicator (written and verbal).
- Even tempered and centered in all situations.
- Able to use various office phone, printer, computer systems – willingness to learn new software or skills.
- Seeks opportunities to increase efficiencies and improves processes.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field of study or 5+ years of office management.
The position is full-time with salary commensurate with experience, and excellent benefits including paid time off, a retirement plan, medical, dental, life insurance, and short and long term disability coverage.
How to Apply
Email resume and cover letter to the Canon to the Ordinary. The Rev. Canon Jody Howard firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: April 26, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Religious
- Start Date: 06/01/2021
- Working Hours: M-F 8:30-4:00