Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
Digital Marketing Strategist
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
This position is an integral part of the Nashville Area Chamber’s marketing and communications team, which is charged with executing an integrated external and internal marketing and communications strategy that supports the strategic goals and objectives of the Chamber. The Digital Marketing Strategist will write, review, and edit marketing material and coordinate the organization’s digital and social media activities. This position will also be responsible for executing visual design materials as needed. Additionally, this person will play a pivotal role in creating integrated marketing and PR campaigns ensuring consistency in voice and brand. This role requires a high level of strategic thinking, creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills.
Email Marketing, Digital, and Social Media Activities:
- Build, segment, and implement email marketing campaigns in coordination with the team.
- Develop and implement the agency’s social media and digital strategy. Coordinate and recommend social marketing tools, best practices, and strategies to optimize online outreach efforts.
- Create marketing copy for use on social media or other marketing collateral to promote the Chamber’s initiatives.
- Monitor online social media communities and actively participate in online conversations to build brand visibility and protect the brand. Develop a community of users and ensure that content is consistent with the Chamber’s branding and marketing strategies.
- Track the efficiency of all Chamber channels and regularly report out results to internal stakeholders with actionable insights/recommendations. Utilize analytics/metrics, SEO tools, and reporting tools to create monthly benchmark reports.
- Monitor and engage in brand-related online conversations.
Public Relations Activities:
- Media relations activities including drafting and issuing news releases and advisories.
- Track news articles daily/weekly pertaining to the Chamber, maintaining an archive of relevant news coverage for the Chamber.
- Initiate project consultations with program managers for all Chamber programs, events, and initiatives with member experience and branding needs.
- Assist with design production tasks using standard graphic design software (examples: adjustments/edits to creative pieces, design digital ads, file management, applying translations to existing artwork).
Overall Marketing and Communications Activities:
- Use project management software for internal and external communications needs.
- Coordinate with outside vendors (printers, etc.) as needed.
- Assist in researching, editing, and proofing all levels of copy for external and internal needs.
- Make updates to the Chamber’s website.
- General understanding of market research, target marketing, and segmentation.
- Provide meeting support for signature events. Duties may include development and managing media presentations on-site at events.
- Other duties/projects as assigned by the VP of Marketing and Communications.
A. KNOWLEDGE/EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, PR, communications, design, marketing, or a related field is preferred.
- Minimum of two years of related professional experience.
- Experience developing customer personas and audiences for digital and social media channels.
- Experience with Microsoft, the Macintosh platform, Adobe Creative Suite Web & Design, CSS, HTML, Java, photography, and video editing are preferred.
- Familiarity with Associated Press journalistic style is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical knowledge and understanding of email platforms and social media platforms – metrics, tracking and reporting.
- Previous media relations experience helpful.
B. SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to manage marketing activities such as digital marketing, social media, graphic design, and public relations.
- Exceptional organizational abilities, attention to detail, and project and time management.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Collaborative approach and appreciation/enjoyment working as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively interface with members, external stakeholders, and target audiences.
- Strong judgment and discernment are required, particularly around politically sensitive issues and determining who should be involved in decisions.
- Understands how social media tools can be used to further the Chamber’s message.
- Strategic thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Ability to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines.
- Learns quickly and can change in a fast-paced environment.
Supervision: Check the most appropriate percentage of time devoted to supervisory duties and ensure supervisory responsibilities are appropriately described as an essential function if applicable:
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Decision Making: Describe the nature of the decision-making ability the position requires versus the extent to which the work is governed by established policies and procedures. Makes decisions related to assigned projects, with ability to determine when others need to be included in the decision-making process.
Fiscal Responsibility: Describe responsibilities to develop budget or allocate financial resources. Processes invoices for assigned projects in a timely manner and supports revenue-generating initiatives of the Chamber and the communications team, specifically.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT LEADERSHIP AND/OR PARTICIPANT RESPONSIBILITIES: Describe this position’s project leadership or responsibilities including the extent they are expected to develop and lead projects and initiatives, including select participants, make assignments, develop timelines, identify deliverables, and track performance and results.
Serves as communications liaison between internal event and program managers for assigned projects. Initiates and conducts communications consultations with project managers for assigned projects. Keeps projects flowing using project management software and supports timeline management for assigned projects. Supports evaluation of project outcomes in creative debrief process.
Check the estimated percentage of time devoted to project work:
- More than 50%.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/REQUIREMENTS: Describe the physical demands and normal or usual conditions under which the job is performed.
- Typically sitting at a desk or table.
- Occasional lifting of light objects (less than 24 pounds).
- Intermittently walking, standing, bending, and carrying.
- Requires use of safe work practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls and observance of fire regulations.
- Some repetitive motion is involved.
- Requires manual dexterity, visual and auditory acuity.
- Work is performed in an office or computer room.
- Job hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., with some after-hours related to Chamber events.
- The Chamber is observing in-house safety protocols based on CDC, State and Metro Nashville/Davidson County guidance around COVID-19.
Benefits include: medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, paid-time off, holidays, and free parking.
How to Apply
Apply Here: https://form.jotform.com/213226001239139
- Date Posted: November 22, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Community Development
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 8:00am - 5:00pm