Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
Digital Marketing and Communications Manager
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
JOB TITLE: Digital Marketing and Communications Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Communications
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
FLSA STATUS: Exempt – Salary
LOCATION: Nashville, TN
BIGGER AND BETTER TOGETHER
For over 50 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee has served young people in the Middle TN region. Our work supports our belief that every child has the ability to succeed and thrive in life. Big Brothers Big Sisters makes meaningful, monitored matches between adult volunteers (Bigs) and youth (Littles). Through our commitment to quality, innovation, and the passion we have for our work, we develop and sustain positive, life-changing relationships that have a direct and lasting impact on the lives of our youth and the adults who mentor them.
Our Mission is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. As noted by our Vision, we are driven by a future in which all youth achieve their full potential.
WE ARE AN AGENCY THAT CELEBRATES DIFFERENCES
We show each other dignity through our partnerships, decisions, and language. We intentionally engage, represent, and partner with our diverse communities. We demonstrate our values by learning together with staff, board, volunteers, youth, families, and investors to think and act with sensitivity and intentionality. Driven by the voice of our stakeholders, our agency develops responsive and respectful programming and builds strategic and thoughtful alliances.
We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. We know that teams perform at their highest when they feel supported and that they belong. Each of our team members brings unique perspectives and skills, and we are committed to building a culture where voices are heard, differences are celebrated, and everyone has the opportunity to do meaningful work. At Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN, you will be inspired by talented, passionate colleagues who will motivate you to do and be your best. We are bigger and better together!
About the Role
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee seeks a Digital Marketing and Communications Manager who will assist in developing and implementing internal and external strategies and campaigns that advance our mission by helping us to reach and engage audiences across multiple platforms including website, social media, mobile, email and blog. This on-brand, mission-aligned content will help to support agency awareness, engagement, volunteer recruitment and giving objectives.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Manager will serve as a lead content writer and creator, utilizing a varied range of written, verbal, and digital channels to deliver collaborative, integrated and compelling communications that articulate messaging that is consistent, on-brand and in support of agency objectives. You will collaborate on the development of site design, content, navigation, traffic and engagement strategies to ensure website and other digital platforms deliver on agency objectives.
Day to Day:
- Support the Director of Marketing and Communications in the development of internal and external agency-wide communications strategies designed to engage donors, volunteers, families, youth, partners, Board of Directors, employees, community, news media, influencers, etc.
- Develop and maintain the monthly editorial calendar inclusive of all types of communications, platforms channels and stakeholders. Ensure communications are developed with a consistent focus on amplifying agency impact and optimizing stakeholder engagement
- Create, write, edit, curate and publish engaging and timely content in accordance with brand guidelines, agency voice and messaging across a wide variety of mediums including press releases, talking points, memos, emails, digital and social content, newsletters, mailers, infographics, presentations, etc.
- Develop and maintain contact list and relationships with local news media and relevant influencers
- Support Director of Marketing and Communications in delivering on the website, digital and social media KPIs
- Partner with Director of Annual Giving and Director of Volunteer Recruitment and Community Engagement to support content and communications needs around individual giving, event and volunteer recruitment initiatives
- Collaborate with Programs Leadership Team to develop content, promotional materials and messaging that drives clear narratives about our programs, processes, initiatives and impact
- Serve as the Marketing and Stakeholder Engagement Team liaison to the Grants Team to provide relevant information and reporting concerning marketing and communications deliverables
- Serve as a proactive and creative problem-solver who brings passion, enthusiasm and innovation to the Marketing and Stakeholder Engagement Team and agency as a whole
- Consistently optimize digital platform experience and performance as well as deliver quarterly digital dashboard including recommendations for continuous improvement. Key KPI’s include: website traffic, content views, page views/duration, social media followers and engagement, email open rate, digital/social click-thru rate on campaign calls to action, etc.
This Job May Be For You…..
- Experience managing multi-channel digital campaigns across website, social media, email, and mobile platforms including content strategy, editorial calendar, content development, publishing and optimization including analytics reporting
- Understanding of SEO, Content Management Systems (CMS), HTML and basic CSS principles. Comfortable with basic website troubleshooting with ability to make ongoing recommendations for improvement of User Experience (UX)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Analytics, email and social media publishing tools. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud preferred
- Content creating and writing ability. Understanding of production specifications and requirements for asset delivery across multiple platforms
- Strong attention-to-detail, problem solving, project management and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Team player with desire to innovate and collaborate
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills for internal and external engagement.
- Be familiar with making minor updates and changes to a WordPress site.
Because we hire the best people and value our staff, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN works hard to provide competitive benefits to our team. Our comprehensive benefits package, which helps to support a healthy work/life balance, includes:
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision) – a generous portion is paid by BBBSMT
- Domestic Partner Benefits
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Immediate enrollment in our 403B — We match 50% of what you contribute up to 6% of pay and staff are vested after 12 months of employment
- Training & development programs
- Opportunities for advancement- we promote from within!
- 20 days of paid time off
- 14 paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Years
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- Flexible work schedule with a hybrid work environment
- Professional resume, LinkedIn profile, and headshot
Americans with Disabilities Act
Employee must be able to perform all essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
The above statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities, and competencies necessary to perform the job’s essential duties and responsibilities. They should not be regarded as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. BBBSMT may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the organization’s needs.
To see more of the impact we are making: www.mentorakid.org
How to Apply
If this sounds like the position and organization for you, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Your Name – Digital Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line
No phone calls, please. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Big Brothers Big sisters of Middle Tennessee celebrates diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, class, color, sexuality, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, nationality, disability, marital status, or military status.
- Date Posted: October 11, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Children / Youth