The Gentle Barn
The Gentle Barn
The Gentle Barn is a celebrated 20 year national nonprofit, founded in 1999 as a sanctuary and place of recovery for severely abused animals and children. We offer a proprietary philosophy of rehabilitating animals and connecting their stories of survival and healing to the personal experiences of children in need. Participants in our life-changing programs learn empathy, trust and forgiveness through interactions with our rehabilitated animals and take a hands-on role in their welfare. Those who attend our programs gain a positive sense of themselves, feel seen, understood and often for the first time in their lives, believe that they matter.
GENERAL SUMMARY: This high profile position will manage staff, oversee all office and event functions, supervise volunteers, work together with our PR and marketing agencies on publicity/events and VIP opportunities, as well as other duties as assigned. The Supervisor will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Development Supervisor is responsible for cultivating relationships with donors, corporations, visitors, and celebrities. The Development Supervisor will be responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, inventory control, office staff supervision, and task delegation. The Development Supervisor must be a very responsible, highly organized, and strong individual, but must also be caring and sensitive to others needs. While not the supervisors primary focus, you must be comfortable around domestic farm animals, and have an affinity for the mission of The Gentle Barn.
Excellent written, organizational, and verbal communication skills is a must. Be comfortable and witty in front of a camera for interviews. The Development Supervisor must also be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and executive support related tasks, able to work independently, and as part of a team with little supervision. Must be able to handle the challenges of supporting a team of diverse people, must be an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats.
Responsible for raising funds for The Gentle Barn through grants, corporate programs, cultivation, etc.
- Coordinate schedules, appointments, meetings, and bookings for all of Gentle Barn Events
- Provide welcoming support to our VIP guests by being accommodating to their needs, which includes organizing meals, guiding them on tours of the facility, and answering any questions they have while they enjoy their stay at The Gentle Barn
- Ensure security, integrity and confidentiality of data
- Organize orientation and training of new staff members
- Coordinate office staff activities to ensure maximum efficiency
Minimum 5 years of experience in a management role, with demonstrated supervisory experience
- Must be willing to work weekends and some holidays
- Strong belief that all animals should be treated with compassion and respect
- Proficient in Google Suite, Dropbox, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and email programs
- Strong social media experience
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Knowledge of human resources, accounting, and management practices and procedures
- You must support The Gentle Barn’s philosophy and have the ability to advocate our positions on issues professionally
- Naturally, you should be committed to the objectives of the organization, and following a vegan lifestyle would be a part of this
Medical, Dental, Vision, 403b, employer sponsored life insurance.
How to Apply
Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date Posted: February 3, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Start Date: 02/17/2020
- Salary Range: Salary is commensurate on experience and education
- Working Hours: M-F, 9:00am-5:00pm; occasional Sundays and events