Girls Write Nashville
The mission of Girls Write Nashville is to empower the expression through songwriting, modernized music education, and creative mentorship and community building. Started in 2016 as a Metro Art’s funded THRIVE community project, Girls Write Nashville has since grown into a successful and recognized growing music education nonprofit with an appearance on NBC’s Today Show, over 200 students served last year, and over 50 youth written and produced songs released to the world.
Students in Girls Write Nashville, and our online co-educational wing Loudmouth Community Music, learn about songwriting and production and are guided through the process of writing and recording original songs by a professional teaching artist within a supportive community of their peers. Girls Write Nashville utilizes original curriculum from its musician/educator co-founders to create a community-driven educational program that boasts a variety of exciting outcomes. Students receive a unique and world-class music education designed to be relevant and equitable in the modern era, and boost linguistic empowerment, leadership skills, social emotional learning and confidence building. Students also receive four of the seven Positive Childhood Experiences available outside the home that are shown to increase resiliency in the face of trauma: having at least two non-parent adults who show an interest in them, enjoying participating in community traditions, feeling supported by friends, and feeling a sense of belonging in school. Girls Write Nashville is proud to be one of the few music programs with program structure and curriculum designed from the ground up specifically to promote the values of equity, accessibility, and empowerment.
Operating out of our Metro Center main office, Girls Write Nashville serves Davidson County through an “all-city” program as well as several afterschool programs in MNPS Title I schools. The organization also serves students nationwide through low cost online classes.
Girls Write Nashville is a small, startup nonprofit that is growing and looking to expand. Currently, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Development Manager to join and support a passionate group of individuals who empower youth in Nashville through mentorship, songwriting, and production. In this start-up environment, no job is too small.
Primary Purpose and Function:
The Development Manager will handle the daily activities of the non-profit organization’s development programs and will work closely with the Executive Director to ensure that the agency has the resources needed to offer long-term, quality mentoring and programming to young people in our service area. This is an ideal opportunity for an individual who is motivated to be part of a mission-driven organization, is an excellent communicator and who thrives at building and sustaining meaningful relationships and campaign strategies.
Note: Aspects of this position – including FT/PT status and position roles – are flexible for the right candidate. All potential candidates are encouraged to apply.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to create a development plan which increases brand awareness and revenue to support the strategic direction of Girls Write Nashville.
- Establish short and long-range goals for expanding funding sources.
- Research public and private grant sources of funding.
- Organize and coordinate fundraising events, provide fundraising and donor support.
- Experience or willingness to learn about annual giving and capital campaigns.
- Lead the implementation of donor recognition and stewardship activities.
- Develop and oversee our annual fundraising program.
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships.
- Maintain ongoing communications with private and corporate donors.
- Research donor relation programs at local, state, and federal art institutions.
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders.
- Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events and donor receptions.
- Develop print marketing collateral related to fundraising in collaboration with our advertising department.
- Recruit and manage 1-2 marketing/communications interns.
- Preferably a minimum of four years of experience in the nonprofit community with strong grants management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Nonprofit Management from an accredited college or university, which has equipped the applicant with knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform duties of the position, or comparable experience.
- Experience securing individual major gifts (of at least $5,000) and donations/sponsorships via events required.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent decision-making and the ability to communicate.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in fundraising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising and working with people from diverse cultures including cultural sensitivity.
- Prior experience with capital campaigns and annual giving campaigns.
- Superior verbal/written communication skills and demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively.
- Knowledge of and comfort with Google Suite and Google Ads.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills and ability to develop strong, trust-based relationships.
- Experience with a donor database is preferred.
- Experience with youth services organizations and/or socio-economically diverse populations is preferred.
- Strong non-profit network in Nashville.
- Collaborations Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Organizational Skills
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Results Driven
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Personal Responsibility
- Program/Project Management
- Ethical Conduct
- Strategic Thinking
- Fiscally Responsible
SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Valid driver’s license required
- Ability to view computer monitor for extended periods
- Oral communication via telephone and in person
Why Join our Company?
Girls Write Nashville is a community-focused organization with committed participants and volunteers working together to make a positive impact for our program participants and each other every day. Join us and make a difference today!
Girls Write Nashville is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to hiring and maintaining a capable and committed workforce. EOE/M/F/D/V
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Date Posted: October 19, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Administrative
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Working Hours: M-F