The Store (aka Heaven South, Inc.)
The Store (aka Heaven South, Inc.)
The Development Lead is responsible for maximizing the donor experience through a comprehensive account management process focused on strategic engagement, retention, and expansion.
The Development Lead will achieve annual revenue goals by executing growth strategies with a special focus on pursuing new financial opportunities. By leveraging existing decision-maker relationships, the DL will be responsible for strengthening current relationships and building new revenue pipelines. They must work cross-functionally to leverage and enhance donor and prospective donor engagements, utilize data base management, and manage the total portfolio to achieve financial and non-financial goals. Collaborate with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to create a development plan which increases brand awareness and revenue to support the strategic direction of The Store.
- Organize and lead agency events, working with community partners, vendors, other Store staff and Board members to ensure success of events.
- Ability to organize, motivate, and lead volunteers to success through ad hoc event committees.
- Ability to seek out and cultivate relationships that lead to increased agency funding
- Ability to achieve fundraising goals through multiple funding streams, for example, grant writing, event planning, and fundraising campaigns
- Willingness to learn about annual giving and planned giving if that experience is not already possessed
- Ability to lead the implementation of donor recognition and stewardship activities.
- Ability to work within a budget.
- Able to provide friendly, donor-centric customer service and represent The Store and our mission in a professional and positive manner.
- Establish and maintain a qualified fundraising pipeline, focused on achieving stretch goals and support enhanced revenue streams.
- Possess a strong ability to oversee, plan, and execute annual fundraising initiatives to achieve revenue goals.
- Create and execute targeted plans to reach fundraising goals for key accounts
- Ability to provide a high level of sales strategy and professional presentations
- Able to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward current and prospective donors, whether individuals or corporate in nature.
- Able to maintain financial projections, donor engagement visits, and other key campaign metrics; providing regular and accurate reporting when requested.
- Ability to identify and organize campaign goals in conjunction with the annual budget.
- Able to attend board meetings, committee meetings, and any ad hoc organizational events.
- Ability to clearly communicate with others, both in writing and verbally.
- Possess knowledge of or desire to learn how to operate fundraising platforms; possess proficiency in computer technology as needed for presentations, donor relations, and grant processes.
- Promote the work and mission of The Store through its various social media platforms with a consistency that maintains followers and continually engages supporters to stay involved and informed.
- Work directly with both the Executive Director and the Development Committee in achieving fundraising goals and raising public awareness of The Store and its mission in the community.
- May assist in grant writing, reporting, and identifying new grant opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- Experience with a donor database is preferred but not required. Previous experience with community service organizations and with socio-economically diverse populations a must.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in business, marketing, or non-profit management or related field is ideal. Masters a plus.
- Five years or more of business, sales, management, or non-profit fundraising experience preferred.
- Experience delivering individual and group presentations that are dynamic, impactful and relevant to the donor
- Experience with sales that involves developing long-term relationships with donors at every level and the ability to navigate them up the donor ladder
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong personal organizational skills, communication skills, and an ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact and relate well with others, regardless of position or role, in keeping with The Store’s mission and statements of inclusion. Must possess an authentic ability to embrace diversity in every level of communications, demonstrating equity for all.
- Strong sense of personal accountability
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to master development and forecast projections.
- Engages well in team work and collaboration without relying on a team to make progress in goals
- Possess strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills. A sample of writing may be required of the candidate for review.
- paid health insurance for employee, including dental and vision
- Average of 10 paid holidays off every year
- 10 days of PTO for full time staff
- Ability to work remotely the majority of the time
- Simple IRA available
- 6 weeks paid parental leave after 1 year of employment
- Flexible schedule in accordance to work goals
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. References will be requested for final consideration.
- Date Posted: March 9, 2023
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Communications / Marketing / PR
- Service Area: Health (Physical, Mental)
- Salary Range: 50,000--65,000 start based on experience
- Working Hours: 40 hour week, M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm