SACNAS is currently seeking an exceptional individual who desires to work within a dynamic and diverse nonprofit environment to develop and advance philanthropic, conference, and earned revenue in accordance with SACNAS’ strategic plan. As Development Manager, the successful candidate will serve as a key team member in:
- the development and stewardship of organizational relationships (funders and partners);
- increasing the efficiency and quality of communication and service delivery to funders, sponsors/partners, exhibitors, and strategic partners; and
- prospecting and the development of philanthropic, partnership, strategic alliance, and earned revenue pipelines.
The Development Manager is a full‐time, exempt position and reports to the Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships.
- In partnership with the Director of Development, generate philanthropic and earned revenue to meet organizational needs, including annual revenue targets
- In partnership with the Director of Development, develop fundraising targets and revenue goals for current and future organizational needs
- Develop acquisition and cultivation plans to create, maintain, and grow an active pipeline of corporate, foundation, academic, and government funders
- In partnership with the Director of Development, develop and execute an annual campaign model including giving circles, online giving, planned giving, etc.
- In partnership with the Director of Development, support grant writing, reporting, allocation, and compliance initiatives including serving as timeline project manager
- Develop creative, innovative, and tailor-made strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit, and activate new funding sources
- In collaboration with the Programs Team, develop funding and partnership proposals to meet individual funder needs
- Work with the communications and marketing department in the development of strategies to increase membership and volunteer engagement in fundraising
Partnership Development & Relationship Management
- In partnership with the Director of Development, support fundraising efforts to increase short- and long-term organizational financial sustainability
- In partnership with the Executive Director and Director of Development identify collaborative opportunities
- In partnership with the Director of Development, develop a stewardship plan to strengthen current partnerships and collaborations and a reengagement plan for past/lost funders and partners
- In partnership with the Executive Director and Director of Development, provide stewardship to existing partners and engagement of current stakeholders
Management, Trainings, and Representation
- Develop and manage program, campaign, and/or event budgets, including revenue and expenses
- Serve as the lead expert on the organization’s CRM/donor database system, including tracking and reporting to the Director of Development, Executive Director, and/or funders and partners
- Ensure the Executive Director and Director of Development are kept apprised of current fundraising, partnership, and industry issues and trends
- In partnership with the Director of Development, develop trainings and ongoing communication to keep staff, committees, and membership more informed about and engaged in fundraising opportunities
- Positively and professionally represent the organization in all engagement efforts including national, regional, and local events, meetings, committees, and other forums
- Strengthen SACNAS awareness among funders (corporations, foundations, individuals, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work Location, Expected Travel
- Ideal locations of this position are Santa Cruz, CA or Washington, DC; however, other major cities will be considered. Remote work option available.
- Travel throughout the United States will be necessary and may include: annual conference, regional conferences, partnership and funder meetings, etc.
- Occasional evening or weekend work.
Desired Education and Experience
- Ambition to work with diverse communities and a passion for the mission of
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Nonprofit Management, Business Administration, or a STEM discipline.
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in developing development fundraising programs (e.g. annual campaigns, giving circles, etc.) and strategies, event production, and/or conference management
- Ability to work with a diverse group of constituents including staff, Board of Directors, committees, members, and external partners/sponsors
- Demonstrated experience and success in preparing and presenting funding proposals (e.g. corporate, foundation, individual, etc.)
- Proven track record of relationship development, pipeline creation, donor cultivation, stewardship, and gift solicitation
- Experience using CRM system/donor database (e.g. Raisers Edge, Kindful, Donor Perfect, Salesforce, etc.)
- Experience in developing program, campaign, or event budgets including tracking revenue and expenses
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including persuasive abilities, effective listening, conflict management, diplomacy and tact, and a teamwork mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to deliver clear, concise information tailored to specific and varied audiences
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to use data to “tell the story”
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills, including being detail-oriented
- Ability to work independently and also operate efficiently and effectively within a collaborative team environment
- Ability to utilize sound judgment, solve problems, make decisions, take action, and implement effective time management solutions
- Enjoy working in a fast‐paced, highly dynamic environment with a proven skill sets of creativity and innovation
- Proficient in in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political Science, Public Administration, Nonprofit Management, Business Administration, or a STEM discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of experience and proven senior expertise in account management and conference exhibits floor management
- Advanced ability to manage and build new relationships with an existing portfolio of corporate partners to increase organizational funding year over year including existing partner management, stewardship, and retention KPIs
- Ability to maximize broader fundraising opportunities beyond events and sponsorship
- Experience using a CRM system and/or Floor Management System
- Experience with Moves Management or a similar system
- Knowledgeable about STEM disciplines, diversity, workforce, and local/national trends
- Knowledgeable about and experience working with undergraduates, graduates, post doctorates, and professionals.
- Experience working with Native Americans, Chicanos/Hispanics, or other underrepresented minority populations
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject – Development Manager
Open until filled. Priority hire by February 28, 2020.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) STATEMENT
It is the policy of SACNAS not to discriminate against any individual employee, group of employees or prospective employee for reasons of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, sex, pregnancy or related medical conditions, age, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental or sensory disability, genetic information, military status. or any other consideration protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
SACNAS is committed to providing equal opportunities in all employment-related activities including, but not limited to: recruiting, hiring, advancement, compensation, training, benefits, transfers, and terms of employment. SACNAS promotes equal opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION STATEMENT
Diversity and inclusion are more than just words to SACNAS. They are integral parts of our history, culture, and identity. They are the principles that founded our organization, guide our strategic path forward, and help us fulfill our mission.
We continually seek to build and maintain a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of our organization and country. We look for and celebrate diverse voices, experiences, backgrounds, and talents to help us approach our work fearlessly, spark creativity, drive innovation, improve constantly, and celebrate our successes. Simply put, everyone is welcome at SACNAS. We believe that an inclusive workplace is one where our employees feel empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Date Posted: February 11, 2020
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Other
- Salary Range: 60,000-75,000
- Working Hours: Full-Time