This part time position will support the founding directors in securing funding and sponsorships to support the mission of The Porch Writers’ Collective – to inspire, educate, and connect writers and readers of all ages and stages through classes and literary events – and ultimately contribute to the success and long-term sustainability of the organization. We are seeking a locally-based team player with experience in outcomes-focused fundraising/partnership cultivation, innovative thinking skills, and a passion for literary art and promoting literary culture.
Key areas of Responsibility:
- Implement and build upon the current development plan.
- Plan and evaluate fundraising campaigns and activities.
- Conduct donor communications and stewardship.
- Ensure donations and gifts are acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Plan and execute an annual membership drive.
- Create copy, report-ready metrics, and other necessary elements for annual report and other essential fundraising materials.
- Secure funding through writing grant applications, seek out new grant opportunities, and fulfill all grant compliance requirements (potentially with support from a grant coordinator, dependent upon candidate’s level of expertise in grant pursuit and compliance).
- Work with staff (and potentially with an event consultant, dependent upon candidate’s level of expertise in event production) to produce annual fundraising event and additional smaller-scale events throughout the year.
- Work with the organization’s bookkeeper to ensure appropriate financial oversight (including a monthly meeting to go over financials).
- Work with co-directors to create the annual budget.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and monthly team meetings.
- Attend board meetings and relevant committee meetings.
- Oversee fulfillment of funding-related marketing/acknowledgement requirements, including relevant website and social media content, and communicate needed updates to appropriate staff members.
- Self-starter who can work independently and as part of a highly collaborative team.
- Exceptional communication, writing, editing, and interpersonal skills.
- 5+ years of experience in fundraising and development for 501(c)3 not-for-profit organizations. (Preference given to candidates with experience fundraising for arts-related organizations.)
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience and/or interest in marketing favored.
Benefits not included at this time
How to Apply
Email cover letter and resume to Katie@porchtn.org
- Date Posted: September 12, 2022
- Type: Part-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 10/15/2022
- Salary Range: $30,000-45,000, depending on experience
- Working Hours: 20 hrs/week estimated