CreatiVets Development Manager
Position: Full Time / Regular / Non-Exempt
Supervisor: Deputy Director
SUMMARY: The Development Manager is responsible for all administrative aspects of the Development Department and participates in fundraising activities including donor relations, online and direct mail appeals and special events. This position works in collaboration with the development team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence in adherence to the CreatiVets Gift Acknowledgement Policy
- Maintain Network for Good donor database and reconcile records monthly with Finance department
- Generate monthly fundraising reports and other donor database reports as needed
- Continually update and correct database records
- Conduct preliminary research on prospective donors
- Coordinate, plan and execute fundraising events to advance donor involvement, cultivation and stewardship for major gifts
- Research potential sponsors and distribute sponsorship requests and follow up to secure payments
- Manage event timelines and budgets
- Create and coordinate the production of direct mail appeals and invitations
- Respond to donors’ inquiries in a timely manner in accordance with development policies
- Handle all administrative details associated with development committee and board meetings (i.e. prepare and distribute notices, agendas, minutes, etc.)
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events
- Support planning for both fundraising and veteran connection events.
- Design and coordinate production of all branded signage and marketing materials
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings
- Coordinate event volunteers
- Build relationships with key community members and agencies
- Participate in agency outreach as needed
- Maintain work consistent with Department/Team Quality Assurance Standards
- Other duties as assigned by the Deputy Director
1. Adheres to Agency and Department policies and procedures
2. Participate in Agency and Department meetings and events, collection of data/information, and Quality Improvement Monitoring and Review.
3. Perform other duties as designated by supervisor
Must be punctual and timely in meeting all requirements of performance, including, but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines; beginning and ending assignments on time; and scheduled work breaks; where applicable.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget.
- Flexibility – Capable of responding to and anticipating rapidly changing external and internal demands without diminishment in work performance; Demonstrates professionalism during periods of organizational change.
- Safety and Security –All employees are responsible for observing safety and security procedures as applicable and reporting potentially unsafe conditions to management.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must have valid driver’s license.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Experience working within non-profit industry also preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be very computer literate including have knowledge of: Network for Good or similar donor management software, Internet software; Spreadsheet software (Excel); PowerPoint, Adobe Creative and word processing software (Word) as well as Google suite of software.
OTHER SKILL, ABILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Veteran, preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience in the Middle Tennessee region’s veteran community preferred
- Excellent customer service skills: energetic, outgoing, engaging and personable.
- Excellent multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Compassionate, energetic and team focused.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and /or move more than 20 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
As of Sept 2022
Health insurance, paid time off/vacation, flexible schedule
How to Apply
To Apply – Please email email@example.com
- Date Posted: September 2, 2022
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Arts / Culture
- Start Date: 10/03/2022
- Salary Range: $45,000-$55,000
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk; M-F, 9AM-4PM, some weekend or after hours events