The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee
The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee
POSITION SUMMARY: The Development Manager (DM) is responsible for
primary aspects of multi-channel annual giving programs including direct mail and online fundraising, direction and oversight of membership programs, development of corporate sponsorships and researching and writing special grant requests. Reporting directly to the CEO, the DM works with directly with Creative Marketing Manager and Communications/PR Manager in creating, implementing, measuring, and evaluating the success of all messaging, marketing, and fundraising. DM supervises others as assigned.
Other duties include special projects as assigned.
The CMD Team works closely with the Senior Manager – External Relations (SMER), Program Manager for VIP, Legacy and Donor Services, and Controller on Strategic planning and priorities, evaluating success of programs and reporting, and ongoing donor communications.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In collaboration with CEO and Senior Manager – External Relations (SMER), DM develop The Elephant Sanctuary’s multi-channel annual fundraising budget
- In collaboration with Communications, Marketing and Development (CMD) Team create and implement strategic fundraising messages, annual calendar of activities, and develop fundraising materials as needed
- Oversee the development of the creation of organization’s Annual Report
- Manage and grow portfolio of relationships with donors and foundations
- Manage and maintain ongoing communications with new and sustaining donors
- Manage and grow membership campaigns: sustaining donors, Feed for a day, Adopt and elephant, Peer to Peer
- Create, format, and edit web content for campaign on digital fundraising platforms
- Track success of campaigns via Google Analytics
- Work closely with SMER and CMD Team in nurturing established relationships and actively pursuing new alliances and corporate sponsorships to maximize The Sanctuary’s visibility
- Research and prepar initial grants and manage grant reports as required
- Monitor the monthly progress of annual giving results compared to financial goals, meeting established annual target for increased revenue
MANAGEMENT AND ADMINISTRATION
In collaboration with the CEO, Director of Finance, SM-ER, and the Communications, Creative Marketing, and VIP Managers, DM helps to develop and implement fundraising strategies to meet organization’s short and long-term fundraising goals and objectives.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PREREQUISITES:
- Bachelor Degree required
- Five years of experience in a relevant fundraising leadership role or five years in progressively responsible fundraising or management role
- Focused, strategic thinker; results-oriented
- Time management skills, meeting deadlines and teamwork are essential
- Skilled at building and maintaining relationships
- Experience in personally soliciting $5,000+ gifts
- Working knowledge of DonorPerfect or similar gift tracking software
- Experience with digital fundraising platforms (i.e. Givecloud)
- Basic knowledge of email marketing platforms, and Google Analytics needed
- Familiarity with Google Workspace Suite preferred
- Familiarity with Foundation Search and/or DonorPerfect is a plus
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and planning skills
- Must possess excellent public relations skills, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills which transcend diverse audiences
- Demonstrated motivational and problem-solving capabilities with a high degree of integrity, ethics, and dedication to the mission
- COVID – 19 Vaccination Required
- Primarily sedentary work. Must be able to sit / stand for 8 hours.
- Walking, bending, light lifting.
401K with 3% match
Supplemental Benefit options
8 paid holidays
How to Apply
Send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to
- Date Posted: November 4, 2021
- Type: Full-Time
- Job Function: Fundraising / Revenue Development
- Service Area: Animal Welfare
- Working Hours: 40 hrs/wk